Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Flat Head - - Helmet Therapy
Previous  1  2  3

ChavieK

Post Sat, May 13 2006, 10:01 pm
A lot of people have had success with cranial-sacral(sic) therapy.I use it for my baby with down syndrome to try to give him more roundness to his forehead & more of a bridge of his nose.It's been a few months & we see more shape.We have a physical therapist doing it so it is covered by insurance. As far as my son is concerned it is just massage of his head.I can even nurse him while she does it.

granolamom

Post Sun, May 14 2006, 12:20 am
Quote:
Sometimes the heads flatness puts serious pressure on the brain, which can cause many problems.

I think when that's the case it's due to premature fusion of the cranial bones (craniosynostosis I think its called) rather than just a flatness. I've worked with such babies , they had parts of the skull surgically removed to allow for brain growth. those kids definitely wore helmets to protect the brain.
but if the head circumference is increasing normally I don't think the flatness would cause those types of problems.

BlumaG

Post Sun, May 14 2006, 12:32 am
my MIL used cranial therapy for her daughters head, it wasnt flat but the skull was overlappingo r something nad it cleared up in a few sessions
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics