Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Sneakers

HooRYou

Post Tue, Mar 16 2010, 11:29 am
I mean in the place of regular shoes and not for exercise. Sketchers and other sporty shoes are somewhat trendy in my area. I think they look kind of silly with anything but the most casual attire, but I also really like the idea of super comfy shoes.

What do you think about sneakers as shoes.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Mar 16 2010, 11:39 am
Many frum women (and some frum men) wear sneakers every day, generally black but a good number of women wear white or coloured ones. Nothing wrong with it, and no need to be very casual at all.

louche

Post Tue, Mar 16 2010, 11:49 am
Being exceptionally hard to fit, shoe-wise, I've given up on dress shoes entirely and live in sneaker-type shoes. Well, actually I live in lace-up oxfords because even sneakers don't fit me and the only thing I can wear is these hideous, hideous, alteh-yiddeneh black laceup monstrosities that make me look like the kallah's great-grandmother, brought to the chasunah by ambulette from the nursing home. But before, when I could still get into them, I wore sneakers, even with business suits. That was in the 1980s, when that was standard attire for businesswomen in the big city. Back then I also changed to dress shoes in the office.

I can do without the garish colors and the neon crisscross bands, but I think a nice, quiet, non-attention-getting sneaker is an eminently sensible shoe. No need to go around looking like your grandmother in black oxfords if you can wear something a little less geriatric. For those who can wear dress pumps and actually walk in them, I envy you. For those who can't...go for sneakers. I will not cross your ds or dd off my potential shidduch list because of it.

(And I don't give a hoot 'n' holler what color tablecloth you use, either...or even IF you use a tablecloth.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics