Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Non European Sheitel - Advice please!

Ashrei

Post Tue, Mar 16 2010, 5:15 pm
My friend wants to buy a non-European hair sheitel for about $400 (her first sheitel, wants to take it easy).

She likes the look and the cut. She said it was treated to give it a European silky feeling.

We're worried about it's durability. How will it look in a year? How long will this European hair treatment thing last? She'll probably wear it about 2x/week on average.

Thanks for your feedback!

Ashrei

Post Tue, Mar 16 2010, 6:49 pm
bump

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 16 2010, 6:51 pm
She wants to pay the minimum but get the maximum. Hmmmmmmm

lamplighter

Post Tue, Mar 16 2010, 9:27 pm
I would say about a year, not more than that, possibly less.

Ashrei

Post Tue, Mar 16 2010, 9:30 pm
Thank you lamplighter.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 16 2010, 9:36 pm
When you say non European, I'm assuming you mean Asian. I just got one from Shaina and I love it. I have only had a it a few months but so far its doing great. My sister in law has had one for a couple of years and she is very happy with it. That said, I don't think that it is at the quality level of a European wig or anything or a custom... In the end you get what you pay for.

chocolatemilk

Post Tue, Mar 16 2010, 11:17 pm
u can never know without feeling the hair and knowing what type of treatments it has gone thru.
I have a mongolian piece that I have had for abt 2 yrs but I dont wear it that often.
if u think thats a normal price for the quality of the hair... but...
if something sounds too good to b true it probably is.

mltjm

Post Tue, Mar 16 2010, 11:21 pm
I have a shaina, and I've been wearing it for the last 7 months or so. It's not a bad shaitel, but it's hard for me to judge as I got a wavy one but prefer to keep it straight. I use a straightener on it, which probably doesn't help much, but I've only washed it 3-4 times and it holds up pretty well between washes. The ends are getting a bit split looking, but 1/2 inch trim would fix that. And it gets really knotty. But if she's only wearing 1-2x a week, I say go for it.

One other thing is that you cannot highlight it. It's so treated that the highlights don't stick.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Mar 17 2010, 9:51 am
South American is called "non European" but sometimes the hair is totally European, or a mix, depending on genetics. You have to see for yourself.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics