Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Has anyone done this?

mommalah

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 1:57 pm
http://www.choosingvoluntarysi.....acks/http://www.choosingvoluntarysi.....acks/

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 2:06 pm
My racks are too large to be totally submerged in water in my bathtub.
Besides, there are other pieces that need to be cleaned as well, like the bottom piece that comes out, the walls of the oven that don't come out, and the door of the oven which comes off, as well as the 2-3 broiler pieces.
I have been trying to keep my oven clean naturally all year but I wasn't able to get it sparkling.
Yesterday I had the cleaning lady take all the racks, metal shelves, and the oven door outdoors. She sprayed them with Shunamit while wearing extra long heavy duty (NON disposable) gloves. Then she scrubbed them outside with steel wool. And brought them in to the bathtub to rinse.
The result? Sparkling clean in a short time.
(Last year I bought Easy Off and had my cleaning lady clean the oven while we weren't home. She was instructed to throw out the bottle before we got home. It took her 4 hours! and didn't come out as clean as it did this year. And this year it only took her a fraction of the time.

michal817

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 2:09 pm
I did something sort of similar for my stove - it has these removable metal plates that surround the burners, as well as the grates. I put everything in the bathtub with very hot water, and let it soak for half a day. Then I scrubbed them with Bonami, and everything came right off.

Are you planning on trying it for your oven? I have a self-cleaning oven, but I'd be very interested in trying this method if it really gets good results!

hardworkingmommy

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 2:09 pm
This sounds to cool. If anyone trys this out let us know the results.

neverbored

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 2:11 pm
I always do it that way though mr. clean works just as well. I also do it with the racks of my barbecue grill as well as to the oven insert after pesach.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 10 2010, 2:47 pm
That sounds very nice for stam cleaning, but it's not good enough for Pesach, is it ?

hardworkingmommy

Post Wed, Mar 17 2010, 11:04 am
FYI I tried this out & it really works. I'm happy with the results.
Mommalah thanks for making my pesach cleaning easier Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics