Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Chinese food for shabbat

londoner

Post Thu, Mar 18 2010, 9:36 am
I really fancy doing this to use up some of my chametz. I have chicken and sweetcorn soup in the freezer and chicken which I'll do in a sweet and sour sauce but am running out of ideas for sides. Can someone give me a recipe for a noodle or rice dish and vegetables that will keep well on the blech?

Many thanks,

racheleezzy

Post Thu, Mar 18 2010, 9:41 am
you can stir fry vegetables... onions, mushrooms, baby corn, peppers, broccoli, or even snap peas......
Add some soy sauce, and seasoning ( garlic powder, pepper, a little salt, ginger) Sometimes I add in a little of the Mikee sesame teriyaki sauce or the Chinese Garlic Marinade let it simmer awhile, then boil a package of noodles or rice combine the vegetables and noodle and usually I find the noodles soak up most of the sauce, so its pretty easy to heat up shabbas day... its even good room temp

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 18 2010, 10:17 am
londoner wrote:
I really fancy doing this to use up some of my chametz. I have chicken and sweetcorn soup in the freezer and chicken which I'll do in a sweet and sour sauce but am running out of ideas for sides. Can someone give me a recipe for a noodle or rice dish and vegetables that will keep well on the blech?

Many thanks,

But none of that is chometz. YOu could leave it in the freezer over Pesach.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes