Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby monitor is too noisy

suomynona

Post Wed, May 03 2006, 5:58 pm
I just moved my baby out of my room, but the baby monitor is too noisy. I won't be able to sleep with all the static.
If I put it on a low volume, I dont' hear too much static, but I'm afraid I won't wake up from the baby crying on such a low volume.
For now, if I leave his door and my door open, I can hear him. But I like to sleep with a fan, and soon I will need to sleep with the air conditioner. I don't think I'll hear him over the noise without a monitor.
Any ideas?

(side point: I feel so sad that my baby isn't in my room anymore. Sad I really miss him. )

red sea

Post Wed, May 03 2006, 6:01 pm
No, I never came up with any bright ideas for this one and have tried quite a few brands, none are silent.

suomynona

Post Wed, May 03 2006, 6:05 pm
so what do you do?

shoy18

Post Wed, May 03 2006, 6:07 pm
it could be on the wrong channel or may be conflicting with another electrical appliance, maybe it is too close to your alarm clock.

red sea

Post Wed, May 03 2006, 6:10 pm
like uLeft the doors open Very Happy

Meema2Kids

Post Wed, May 03 2006, 6:12 pm
Yes, try switching channels (I think most have an A and B channel) also my cordless phone interferes with mine Twisted Evil

raizy

Post Sun, May 07 2006, 1:51 am
we also have a baby moniter. we keep it in the kitchen . so I can hear my baby in the bedroom. by us my hubby cell phone intefers and I cant do anything about it. he needs his phone for work.

Secbeb

Post Thu, May 11 2006, 5:37 pm
We live on a street with three jewish neighbor families that all have babies. This is frustrating because we're always picking up each other's frequency. So when one baby cries, we all think its ours and run up to check on them. It's always happening - so at least we get our exercise.

miriam

Post Thu, May 11 2006, 10:44 pm
Get a digital monitor. They don't have any static and they don't cost that much more. They are also more private b/c it doesn't pick up or transmit to other people's frequencies.

happyone

Post Sun, May 14 2006, 11:20 pm
how old is your baby?

suomynona

Post Mon, May 15 2006, 5:10 pm
He's 6 months old.
I figured out a solution. When I lie the monitor down, there's less static, so taht's what I've been doing.

I don't know what I'll do about Friday nights in the summer, though. I can't use the baby monitor on shabbos & I won't be able to hear him over the air conditioner.
I'll probably have to move him back into my room or right outside the room for those nights.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics