Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Any "NO separating eggs" amazing cake recipes?
Previous  1  2  3  4

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 01 2010, 9:05 pm
pinkbubbles wrote:
dee's mommy wrote:
redhot wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:
redhot, think it'd be okay without the vanilla & baking powder?

im sorry, I really have no clue

I make it without the vanilla and baking powder. I think it is fine. (It might be better with, but we really like it in my house.)

Mine came out very strange, I didn't add baking powder but did add vanilla. I don't know what I did wrong aside for that..

I put in vanilla extract, but I left out the baking powder. It came out like the soft gooey Tollhouse cookies used on bottom of Tollhouse cakes. We all enjoyed it.

Mevater

Post Thu, Apr 01 2010, 10:32 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Tech_mom wrote:
I 2nd MominLKWD

My kids love that crumb cake recipe. It is in "Passover by Design" by Susie Fishbein and I got it off the internet - it said with permission to reprint.

Can you post the recipe?
I think it's already been posted, 6 posts up.

mominlkwd

Post Thu, Apr 01 2010, 10:58 pm
Tech_mom wrote:
I 2nd MominLKWD

My kids love that crumb cake recipe. It is in "Passover by Design" by Susie Fishbein and I got it off the internet - it said with permission to reprint.

I actually have the passover by design and never noticed that recipe. I got it somewhere else. Thanks for letting me know where it's from, I always try to credit the cookbook when I know it's origin.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Apr 02 2010, 12:15 am
mominlkwd wrote:
Not sure if this is the right crumb cake recipe but it's my most popular pesach cake and my kids gobble it up.

Crumb Cake

non sitck cooking spray
1 C. Sugar
1 C. Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 Tbsp. Vanilla Sugar
1 C. Veg. Oil
4 Large Eggs
1 C. Potato Starch

Crumb Topping

2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
4 Tbsp. Margarine cut into small peices ( 1/2 stick)
1/2 (8 oz) Box Ladyfingers crushed and crumbled
1/4 C. Brown Sugar
1/4 C. Sugar

Preheat oven to 350
Spray 9X13 baking pan with nonstick spray, set aside
In mixer at medium speed mix sugar, br. sugar, baking powder, vanilla sugar, oil eggs, and potato starch until you have a smooth batter.
Pour into prepared pan and bake uncovered for 20 min.
In a med. bowl toss cinnamon, margarine, crushed ladyfingers, brown sugar and sugar. Use your fingers to pinch into coarse crumbs.

Sprinkle the crumbs on top of cake and return to oven for an additional 35 min.

Note: I dump all the crumb topping ing. into a ziploc bag and let my kids smoosh it up for me, no need to use another bowl and it crumbles up much better this way.

Thanks for the recipe.

And thanks for pointing out that where it was posted Mevater! Tongue Out

Mevater

Post Fri, Apr 02 2010, 1:15 am
ra_mom wrote:
Only one problem, I bombed with this recipe last year and I thought Id give it another try this year, and lo and behold, I'm very unimpressed again!

ra_mom

Post Fri, Apr 02 2010, 2:17 am
Mevater wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
Only one problem, I bombed with this recipe last year and I thought Id give it another try this year, and lo and behold, I'm very unimpressed again!

The crumb cake? I won't be baking anymore Pesach cakes this year. Will have to try it next year and report back Smile

ChossidMom

Post Fri, Apr 02 2010, 8:47 am
Mevater wrote:
ChossidMom wrote:

Ok, I just put this one in the oven. Unfortunately, I just noticed that it says 1/4 tsp salt and I put in a whole teaspoon. Gulp. I hope it comes out decent....
CM, do you recommend it (aside from them being salty...)?

Ok, it didn't come out too salty.
It came out flat and hardish (and gooey). Kind of like cookie bars. I think it tastes great. And it's practically gone.
Does that answer your question?

Tamiri

Post Sat, Apr 17 2010, 3:04 pm
I wanted to publicly thank you for this recipe. The cake came out really good. It's especially good frozen, and tastes like fudge if you don't think too much about it. We still have some left - I made the double recipe and it's very rich. I've been looking for the recipe since Pesach is over because I may want to make it during the year and it took forever for me to find - I'm too lazy to open the Pesach recipe box. Thanks again.
cindy324 wrote:
Here's one that my MIL makes every pesach, and it's delicious. However, I'm pretty sure she doubles the recipe for the same size pan, because supposedly otherwise the cake comes out too flat. You might want to experiment with it using the original recipe first.

Super Pesach chocolate cake

4 eggs
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 c. oil
1/2 c. cocoa
1/2 c. nuts, chopped
3/4 c. potato starch

Mix eggs just until yolks and whites are combined , but not foamy. Add rest of ingredients and mix only until mixture is smooth. DO NOT OVERMIX! Bake in 9x13 pan for 45-50 min. at 350. (will prob. have to bake longer if doubling recipe)

I'm also planning on trying a crumb cake recipe from Passover by design, I believe it's also "egg-separation" free, let me know if you want the recipe and I'll type it up.

Mevater

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 1:20 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
hv or hv = have

Im looking at this thread years later and laughing at myself. I mustve been very overtired.

MiriFr

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 3:19 pm
Someone posted this on a other post:

BEST CAKE RECIPE IN THE WORLD - banana chocochip muffins. My stomach is grumbling thinking about the million I have in the freezer.
Recipe: 
2 eggs, lightly beaten 
2 spotty bananas 
1 and 1/2 C almond flour 
4 Tbsp honey 
3 Tbsp almond milk 
1 tsp vanilla extract 
1 tsp baking powder 
1/3 - 1/2 C chocolate chips 
*375, 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean

aricelli

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 3:59 pm
MiriFr wrote:
Someone posted this on a other post:

BEST CAKE RECIPE IN THE WORLD - banana chocochip muffins. My stomach is grumbling thinking about the million I have in the freezer.
Recipe: 
2 eggs, lightly beaten 
2 spotty bananas 
1 and 1/2 C almond flour 
4 Tbsp honey 
3 Tbsp almond milk 
1 tsp vanilla extract 
1 tsp baking powder 
1/3 - 1/2 C chocolate chips 
*375, 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean

Can I do this by hand

Mevater

Post Sun, Apr 12 2020, 5:40 pm
Any new or old favorite no-fail cake recipes with no egg-separating?
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics