Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Sheitel Clips Causing Bald Spots

amother

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 1:29 pm
The clips on my sheitel seem to be causing bald spots on the sides of my forehead right above the hairline. How can I avoid this?

6coop

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 1:43 pm
Try using combs instead of clips.
If you feel like you really need the clips, try to make sure that you don't dig them into your hair too hard before you close them.
Or move the clips around periodically so that they're not constantly pulling on the same patch of hair.

Some people are just prone to getting bald spots from their clips.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 1:47 pm
We have discussed this sevral times; do a search here.

shluchamom

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 4:36 pm
I have the same problem and recently found a new product which seems to have solved my problem. Its a piece of velour like material that is a band with a velcro and you position it just by where you would normally put the clips and then put your sheitel or tichel on and the friction of the material and your hair and the sheitel/tichel prevent it from sliding without any clips.

neverbored

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 4:40 pm
shluchamom wrote:
I have the same problem and recently found a new product which seems to have solved my problem. Its a piece of velour like material that is a band with a velcro and you position it just by where you would normally put the clips and then put your sheitel or tichel on and the friction of the material and your hair and the sheitel/tichel prevent it from sliding without any clips.

interesting! Have a picture? I don"t get bald spots B"H, but t does really sometimes hurt where the clips are.

6coop

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 4:50 pm
shluchamom wrote:

Does it really work? What keeps the band from sliding?

heffer569

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 5:10 pm
amother wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:
We have discussed this sevral times; do a search here.

6coop, thank you for your helpful response.
chocolate moose, you were really not helpful. No offense, but I'm not sure why you MUST respond to any and all posts even if you don't have anything particularly helpful to say. For the record, I did do a search and did not find anything in the first few minutes. I thought if someone had something helpful to say, they would not mind responding to my post. Maybe YOU have discussed this several times but I haven't. I think by now everyone knows that you can search for topics.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up I couldnt have said it better myself.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics