Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What to feed baby?
Previous  1  2

sarahd

Post Mon, Jan 24 2005, 4:23 am
miriam wrote:
what reaction did he have?

Very loose stool, gas problem, a slight rash around the mouth, runny nose. Also, major crankiness and he woke up during the night and was up for two hours, which is very unusual. As you see, these could also be symptoms of teething and/or a cold, and the gas could have been from something I ate. But I figured, to be on the safe side I'll try rice cereal again, which I know he tolerates well.

BTW, I tried banana last night and it went over very well! I have to see if it's appreciated today too...

sarahd

Post Mon, Jan 24 2005, 4:24 am
Pnina wrote:
Sarahd,
by the way, it's healthiest to eat only veggies and fruits which are in season in the country you live in!!

Almost all the produce here is imported, so I'm not sure how much healthier it is. But in any case, I have no choice in the matter.

sarahd

Post Mon, Jan 24 2005, 4:45 pm
Rochel Leah wrote:
Sarahd, Be careful with the rice cuz it could cause constipation.

Hmm, maybe that's why he suddenly went from one bm a day to one every two days. The banana he's been eating the last couple of days is probably not helping matters either.

rydys

Post Mon, Jan 24 2005, 5:41 pm
at 6 months you can feed almost any fruit or vege. chicken and meat can be added from about 8-9 months. Under 1 year you should avoid honey, milk, fish, eggs, citrus and tomato products bec. early exposure to these increase the likelyhood of developing allergy later.

Very often the reaction you got is not due to taste but texture. see how he does with those fruits/veges mixed with cereal to the same texture as plain cereal and once he likes the flavor try the thinner texture again. Just remember, at this age he can get all his nutrition from breast milk so you are just teaching him to eat right now so don't push it too much.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Jan 24 2005, 6:06 pm
my 6.5 month old so far eats rice cereal, applesauce (regular unsweeted), carrot and peas...
Since I started giving him the cereal mixed with applesauce or a veggie before he goes to sleep, he's been sleeping better. I don't know if it's due to the filling food or not, so I'm nervous to try to give him something else Smile

amother

Post Mon, Jan 24 2005, 10:31 pm
by the way, it's healthiest to eat only veggies and fruits which are in season in the country you live in!!

My pediatrician said that if you are nursing, by just eating only fruits & veggies your baby cannot properly consume the nuitrients. they need the baby cereal for iron with thcombo of the others for proper iron absoption. But the whole thing of giving them food early (5-7 months) is just so that they get used to the idea of eating so that by a year they will continue to eat and not solely be nursing or bottle feading.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics