Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Where do your children put their stickers?

yo'ma

Post Wed, May 12 2010, 7:09 pm
When I was little and we had stickers, my mother let us put them on our dresser. I don't let my kids put stickers on the furniture. They don't, for the most part Rolling Eyes Confused . They put them on their doors. It's basically filled with stickers from top to bottom. We own the place where we live, but I don't plan on staying here for much longer and I don't care. I hate when they put the stickers on me. I also don't like bandaids, so that probably has something to do with it. I used to give them paper and still sometimes do, but they would rather stick it on the door.

groisamomma

Post Wed, May 12 2010, 7:13 pm
Ooooh, a sore point in this house. My kids just don't get it that stickers belong on paper or foreheads and not stuck to the floor, chairs, beds, furniture, etc. My cleaning lady uses 1/2 bottle of goo-gone every week! They once found velcro dots (impossibly hard to remove) and stuck them all over the glass of the silver cabinet five minutes before shabbos. I was spitting nickels, it took me four days to scrape off without scratching the glass.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, May 12 2010, 7:32 pm
don't they have sticker albums ?

yo'ma

Post Wed, May 12 2010, 7:34 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
don't they have sticker albums ?

My dd used to, but this is my boys and they like putting it there.

mamommommy

Post Wed, May 12 2010, 7:35 pm
I bought my kids sticker albums, but they still seem to prefer sticking them on the furniture. The most highly decorated places are their bedposts, the sides of their bookcases, and the front of their closet doors. I had to start confiscating stickers!

chaylizi

Post Wed, May 12 2010, 7:35 pm
My kids are not allowed to put stickers on furniture or walls. End of story (or rather, end of stickers).

ValleyMom

Post Wed, May 12 2010, 8:49 pm
We are the proud owner of a sticker free environment.

groisamomma

Post Wed, May 12 2010, 9:38 pm
ValleyMom wrote:
We are the proud owner of a sticker free environment.

How old are your children? Twelve? I don't see an end in sight. I've resigned myself to beds that have bumper stickers on the headboards, washing machines that have crumpled stickers after each load, and couches that have stickers on every available surface!

No, my kids are too young for sticker albums. They colored all over the one we bought, then whined that they don't want to use it for stickers. Oh well.

ValleyMom, I absolutely need the sticker box, though, it's the best incentive I own. It keeps them busy for hours, too. I dont' know what I'd do without stickers.

Soul on fire

Post Wed, May 12 2010, 9:59 pm
Could you maybe hang a large piece of butcher paper or that big school bulletin board paper on one of their walls and tell them that they can put the stickers on that wall ONLY? Just a thought.

groisamomma

Post Wed, May 12 2010, 10:08 pm
FrumMamaPA wrote:
Could you maybe hang a large piece of butcher paper or that big school bulletin board paper on one of their walls and tell them that they can put the stickers on that wall ONLY? Just a thought.

Great idea! We already have a wipe-off board on one wall to discourage crayon and pen scribbling on all the walls. We have artwork hanging the likes of which anyone would have thrown out a year ago, but they refuse to part with Bereishis artwork after Pesach.

In the winter, we spread out black oaktag so they can use sidewald chalk indoors. Heck, why not add butcher paper, too?

Thanks for the idea.

Rodent

Post Wed, May 12 2010, 10:41 pm
My kids put them on their hands and aren't interested in decorating anything with them. Thank G-d as we're in a rental.

gr8 mom

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 3:57 pm
This is an old thread but wondering what is a sticker album where can I find it or any links... Ive been looking on Amazon not sure what to search for...

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 4:04 pm
In Israel, the kids use regular cheap photo albums. They are constantly rearranging their stickers and once the stickiness wears off, they put them in the pockets.

farina

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 4:07 pm
A sticker album is really the old photo albums looks like a looseleaf with self stick pages the stickers stick onto covered with plastic.can b found in Michaels or amazing savings.

2qtees

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 4:18 pm
As mentioned above, I covered their wall in paper and they are allowed to attach the stickers to the paper only. When it's full, they get to choose if they want a new paper or they want to cover up old stickers.

Google photo album with sticky pages. I ended up buying the refill pages and putting them in a dollar store looseleaf/binder for my daughter.

fraimal

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 4:24 pm
Those photo albums with sticky pages are called magnetic album pages. I just got one for my daughter in Michael's and it works great

http://www.michaels.com/recoll.....thnQ8|pcrid|221861801277|pkw||pmt||pdv|m|prd|10247928&cm_mmc=zadv_PLASearch-_-google-_-papercraft-RLSA-_-papercraft-albums-and-refills&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=papercraft-RLSA&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=sNduPblKp|pcrid|221861801277|pkw||pmt||pdv|m|prd|10247928&gclid=Cj0KCQiAkZHTBRCBARIsAMbXLhGh61d2YyEwdHAF4LvcwwAxF0o2gNVbvjR2SvNO3VmS9wv-weW5KcwaAnQhEALw_wcB

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 6:20 pm
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....+book
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics