Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Design my dream outfit!!!

amother

Post Sun, Apr 18 2010, 10:31 am
I am in my mid-twenties and have a wedding coming up at the end of the summer. I have given myself a summertime goal- lose ten lb and get a good tan. If I reach it, I'll get something new for the wedding. Help me choose something! It'll be a pretty fancy wedding, so I'd like it to be funky, but still sophisticated. No lbd's, please. I have plenty of those. LOL There is no price limit!! Pick everything from top to bottom!! Help me dress well! I'm 5"5 and hope to be about 125 lb. TIA!

ClaRivka

Post Sun, Apr 18 2010, 12:49 pm
get something made

amother

Post Sun, Apr 18 2010, 12:54 pm
ClaRivka wrote:
get something made

looking like... what?

Hadassah81

Post Tue, Apr 20 2010, 3:13 am
I have a pretty green satin dress that would need an undershirt and a cute jacket to go with it. What else have I seen...most things I see when I am looking for tznius stock is unfortunately black. One option might be to get a nice black skirt and get a pretty coloured top? I think most of my stock may not be dressy enough for you, but I may be able to track down something. pm me if you like, even if I can just give you some pics to help you decide what you want made locally - I have some decent resources. Otherwise, closer to home (for you) is a store called Tabeez. I dont carry a lot of their stuff as its too pricey for around here, but they often have divine dresses - just watch the length tho, I find some are a bit too short.

lizard8

Post Tue, Apr 20 2010, 4:46 am
Who's wedding? A good friend or a sibling? It makes a difference for all those willing to help you. If you want to make a gown, go to verawang.com for ideas. They have better ideas for the bride, but check the bridesmaids section too.

Inspired

Post Tue, Apr 20 2010, 4:49 am
Tan? Do people really still do that?

Hadassah81

Post Tue, Apr 20 2010, 7:48 am
My mother practically lives in a sunbed. She goes for skin checks every 6 months and pokes fun at my pale-ness since I cover up more these days and work indoors!! So yea, people still do tan!

shanie5

Post Tue, Apr 20 2010, 10:30 am
If you live in brooklyn, I have a friend who custom designs gowns/suits/dresses etc. she works with you, helps shop for fabric, and works with the dressmaker too. I have not seen much of her work, but I can give you her name and number-she does not (yet) charge a first consultation fee).

JollyMommy

Post Wed, Apr 21 2010, 10:40 pm
I'm your exact height and weight I have made many dresses for weddings- but what will look good on you really depends on your body type.

songbird

Post Sun, May 16 2010, 6:39 pm
A big satin or textured skirt, with a lightweight cashmere shrug ...
Anything Marchesa ...

Best of luck!

Ruchel

Post Sun, May 16 2010, 6:42 pm
No price limit?
Get a nice outfit and give to a gemah or tzedaka for women who can't even buy a decent outfit for their own wedding. Sorry, maybe not funky enough.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics