Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Moving baby out of room

suomynona

Post Thu, May 25 2006, 5:25 pm
I moved my baby out of my room a few weeks ago - when he was 6 months old.
Now that it's getting hot, I think it makes sense to move him back to our room for the summer so we don't have to have 2 air conditioners running all night.
I just hope I'm not setting myself up for trouble.
What are people's experiences with moving a baby out of their room at about 9 months old? Did they put up a fuss?
If he starts sleeping not as well in my room, I'll have to leave him out. But anyhow, he usually wakes up once or twice a night, so I don't know if he'll be worse off in my room.

suomynona

Post Thu, May 25 2006, 5:27 pm
Also - are babies less sensitive to heat? Right now my baby is sleeping is his room in only a diaper, with no air conditioning.
I'm nervous that he is too hot.

raizy

Post Thu, May 25 2006, 11:02 pm
just leave his window open in his new room why put yourselve through anther time to seperate from your baby. after the summer . I would not bring him back to your room.

I do believe that up to six months a baby should be near his mom. in her room .so I will let u know when I kick out my bubbla.

MOM222

Post Thu, May 25 2006, 11:15 pm
I think you should just buy a fan for his room. Just don't put it too close to his crib so that he doesn't get a stiff neck....

It's worse to put a baby to sleep with air conditioner than a hot room.

shayna82

Post Thu, May 25 2006, 11:23 pm
I agree, dont move him back in, it will a harder adjustment to move him to his own room at the end of the heat season, he will be older and it might not sit well with him. open the window

good luck

Mama Bear

Post Thu, May 25 2006, 11:53 pm
we are also iyh planning to buy a floor fan for him and maybe dress him in summer pj's. I'm not moving him back into my room! I only do that when he has a bad cough and I'm up most of the night checking his breathing.

suomynona

Post Fri, May 26 2006, 2:30 am
MOM222 wrote:
I think you should just buy a fan for his room. Just don't put it too close to his crib so that he doesn't get a stiff neck....

It's worse to put a baby to sleep with air conditioner than a hot room.

What's wrong with a baby in an air-conditioned room?

I don't know if a fan that is not pointing at him will really do any good. it will just circulate the stuffy air.
There's only one small window in his room and it's on the other side of the room from his crib. I don't think it really does anything.
The past couple of nights, I felt so guilty that he was sleeping in a hot room while I was sleeping in an air conditioned room & I was just so nervous that he was too hot.
I figured, we are going to America for a few weeks in the summer. Right when we get back I'll move him back into his room. That way it'll be less of an adjustment.

Btw, I moved him back into my room last night & he didn't sleep any worse than usual.

Another thing - on Friday nights in the sumer, I'll have to moev him into my room anyway because I can't use the baby monitor and I won't be able to hear him cry if the a/c is on in my room.

You all really thing it'll be so hard to move him out at 9 months?

nicole81

Post Fri, May 26 2006, 6:10 am
I just moved my daughter out of my room last week at over 13 months and it wasn't a problem at all. she didn't even make a peep, and woke up in the morning happy as can be, babbling away, like nothing had changed.

I don't know what the problem is with babies and air conditioners. when I first had dd it was so sweltering, she would wake up crying all the time and I would have to put washcloths with cold water on her forehead. we moved shortly thereafter and had an ac and it was the best thing in the world for her. she finally slept comfortably and soundly. just remember, because the baby doesn't have a blanket (or throws it off at night if you give one,) dress him in something heavier than you would wear, and don't blast the ac as high as you would normally.

gryp

Post Mon, May 29 2006, 10:03 pm
Quote:
You all really thing it'll be so hard to move him out at 9 months?

Yes Very Happy
talking from experience here.
but knowing me I would take him into the airconditioning anyway, and then worry all night if he's cold. Rolling Eyes

shoy18

Post Mon, May 29 2006, 10:22 pm
I dont know if this is any help, but my baby is in his own room, and what I do is turn his ac on an hour before bed and then shut it off and it usually doenst get to hot through the night. I dont think its goood for a baby to be in a freezing room, this works for him
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics