Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Birthdays & Anniversaries
Anniversary tomorrow

amother

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 2:25 pm
our anniversary is tomorrow and we obviously can't go out on erev yom tov. does anyone have any good ideas of something fun/nice to do even though it's not the greatest time? thanks!

amother

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 3:02 pm
If you have time why don't you celebrate it tonight? YOu could run out buy glitter confetti, set the table with your finest light candles and spread rose petals all around. Then lead him to the bath which could have floating candles and more rose petals with soft music playing..... It's quick,simple but sweet and then you can do something aftet Shavous.

happyone

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 3:48 pm
mazel tov! Get him a nice gift and present it at the yom tov table.
Sorry , not as romantic as the previous poster. Wink

mimsy7420

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 3:54 pm
Yea I think I would push off the celebrations till after yontif. Get a babysitter and go out just the two of you!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 4:15 pm
you got married erev shavous?

tziviakayla

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 4:18 pm
the English date for our 10th anniversary is Friday..1st day of Yom Tov. However, every year we celebrate the Hebrew date, 15 Sivan. (My husband is happy for the extra time this year to plan since I just had a baby girl 1 1/2 weeks ago and it's been pretty busy!) If the Hebrew date hasn't passed yet, celebrate then. Otherwise make plans for Sunday or another day. Perhaps you can make one of your husbands favorite dishes for the seudah that night or buy an extra special wine for Kiddush. Maybe you can take a walk together before he goes out to learn.
Happy Anniversary!

red sea

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 4:21 pm
mazel tov immala!

chen

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 8:41 pm
mazal tov! an ice cream cake decorated with the appropriate message, champagne for kiddush instead of your usual wine, plus a couple of special gourmet goodies that you wouldn't ordinarily have, should hit the spot.

cindy324

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 10:07 pm
Quote:
If you have time why don't you celebrate it tonight? YOu could run out buy glitter confetti, set the table with your finest light candles and spread rose petals all around. Then lead him to the bath which could have floating candles and more rose petals with soft music

and while you're doing all that, don't forget your roast/fish/challa/ yom tov food is still cooking on the stove, then when you turn off the fire under the fish, you can jump into the bath with DH for about 20 minutes, and jump out just in time to close the fire under the roast! Wink

chocolate moose

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 10:10 pm
I think it's very nice to celebrate both english and hebrew dates. mazel tov! only simchas!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Birthdays & Anniversaries