Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Awesome no-cook baked ziti
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

estibesty

Post Tue, Jun 08 2010, 9:06 pm
put the raw ziti in 9X13 add a container of marinara sauce then fill empty marinara container 1/2 milk other half water pour into pan put cheese cover and bake 1 1/2 hr at 350.
easy YUM and soft

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 08 2010, 9:15 pm
Sounds great!

yummymummy

Post Tue, Jun 08 2010, 9:17 pm
what type of cheese do you use?

estibesty

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 12:48 pm
wichever you like most ppl like mozzarella in ziti but I use american cuz thats what hubbs likes

onlyme

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 1:00 pm
This recipe looks just up my street: No pots, no fancy prep, quick. I really must try it one of these days. Thanks for sharing!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 1:22 pm
estibesty wrote:
wichever you like most ppl like mozzarella in ziti but I use american cuz thats what hubbs likes
How much cheese do you use?

Last edited by ra_mom on Wed, Nov 17 2021, 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

estibesty

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 1:25 pm
dunno just throw a buncha slices in but 2 packages sound like a lot

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 1:37 pm
estibesty wrote:
dunno just throw a buncha slices in but 2 packages sound like a lot
Ok thanks. Do you just sprinkle the cheese on top, or do you mix it into the raw ziti mixture?

estibesty

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 2:23 pm
I put it with raw ziti
simple- just put e/t in the 9X13 and bake for 1 1/2 hrs
njoy Wink

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 2:40 pm
estibesty wrote:
put the raw ziti in 9X13 add a container of marinara sauce then fill empty marinara container 1/2 milk other half water pour into pan put cheese cove and bake 1 1/2 hr at 350.
easy YUM and soft

I don't go for that.

Preboiling the pasta takes very little effort, then you need less liquid in the product ANd it bakes for considerably less time. Also, you can drain the starch first, which is healthier.

estibesty

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 2:43 pm
ok its just less messy takes about 1 minute to prepare and I thought it tasted better. I guess its a preference

mha3484

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 2:51 pm
A lot of people do it the no cook way. When I was younger one of the pasta sauce companies used to make something called pasta bake. You put one jar sauce and one jar water and raw pasta and it came out great. My mom made it all the time.

Simple1

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 3:11 pm
Thanks for posting! I'm a big fan of shortcut recipes.

zigi

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 3:17 pm
that is a really cool idea! no extra pans and patchking

mama-star

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 9:05 pm
thanks for posting - I do a lasagne like that but I never knew if it could be done with other noodles - it helps a lot, because I only have a dinky little burner for milchigs so anything that I can just pop into the milchig oven (w/o cooking) makes things a lot easier.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 9:10 pm
You're eating all that starch. It's not healthy.

ValleyMom

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 10:33 pm
I was going to post:

YOU'RE A GENIUS!!!!"

Then Chocolate Moose posted something about starch and my excitement waned considerably.

<sigh>

estibesty

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 10:40 pm
ok so chocolate moose you never ever eat any pasta type things cuz its starch

yummymummy

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 11:49 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
You're eating all that starch. It's not healthy.

Could you provide a source for this? Obviously everything should be eaten in moderation, starch included, but I've never heard that not rinsing your pasta is unhealthy and I've seen plenty of other recipes that call for cooking the pasta in the sauce. Thanks.

CutiePatutie

Post Thu, Jun 10 2010, 9:57 am
wow! this is awesome! I was thinking just two days ago if I could make ziti without pre-cooking the noodles, as I do with my lasagna. you are a mind reader. I will definitely be making this next time we have dairy for dinner. thanks a ton!!!!

And if you are worried about eating pasta that was not rinsed, than I presume you never make any pasta dish that has a cream sauce, such as penne a la vodka, or fettuccine alfredo. All those recipes say NOT to rinse the pasta so the sauce sticks better, which should also be done when making reg mac and cheese as well. But I guess none of those are healthy to begin with, so you must never eat that stuff.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals