Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Best Way to Organize Favorite Recipes

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Thu, Dec 31 2009, 11:56 am
How do you save your favorite recipes? Do you keep all in a binder? Do you write them all down literally in a notebook? Do you use an electronic device to save recipes? I'm curious to hear how people organize their recipes, or if they have any special recipe 'storage system'. What if there's a recipe you really like from a book? How do you store that recipe in your recipe collection?

Personally, what I have is an old fashioned notebook and literally write down our favorite recipes into this notebook. It's time-consuming though but I like it because it's a small and portable notebook. What's a pain is that when people ask me for my recipes, I always need to retype the recipe and send to them. Any ideas of how to make things more efficient?

Looking forward to your great ideas!

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Dec 31 2009, 12:29 pm
There have been threads about this before - you can search for them. All that's been discussed, is that everyone uses different methods, and none are perfect.

I still use a index card holder and have to search forever to find a recipe.

key

Post Thu, Dec 31 2009, 4:17 pm
tastebook.com

Blueberry Muffin

Post Wed, Jan 27 2010, 12:13 pm
I like the method that I use. I have a huge binder and use subject dividers to separate the courses (challah, salads, sides, dairy, fleishig, soups, kugels....) (And a separate one for desserts - cookies, bars, cakes, fruit desserts, candy, parfaits, misc.)

I place each recipe in paper protectors (can purchase it in staples or target). It helps keep the recipes clean and prevents them from ripping at the binder holes.

It is a bit time consuming, but when it is super organized it is easy to find what I am looking for. (It's time consuming bc I rip out recipes from food magazines or often print ones up from websites. After a pile accumulates I then organize them.

I love this method!

Blueberry Muffin

Post Wed, Jan 27 2010, 12:14 pm
TriesToBePerfectMom wrote:
What if there's a recipe you really like from a book? How do you store that recipe in your recipe collection?

I usually photo copy the page or scan it on my computer and then print it. I always write the name of the book on the recipe, so that I can remember where the recipe is from.

Tila

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 1:15 pm
I do the same as blueberrymuffin. Except that I use different binders for different topics...duotangs....not page protectors tho. tooo time consuning and costly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics