Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
My email keeps sending spam
1  2  Next

ClaRivka

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 8:46 pm
ive been getting loads of messages from ppl in my address book that ive been sending them spam. someone reported it to AOL and now they think im some crazy person who isnt following the laws of AOL and will b kicked out and my email account will b closed.
What do I do abt this??

mommalah

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 8:50 pm
It's quite simple. Someone has hacked into your account and is spamming your list of friends. Change your password immediately.

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 8:51 pm
AOL has gone viral or something. My AOL account that's been unused for YEARS has been doing this. I just now chapped that I notified you as well (didn't chap it was you) about this. I just deleted all the contacts from my aol address book and it stopped (my AOL account was sending spam from my address book and sending it to my new address as well, so I know it stopped).

brbs

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 10:30 pm
My mom had this problem with her AOL account. She changed her password and has been ok since.

Good Luck

IloveHashem613

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 11:42 pm
get a gmail account and you won't have these issues w/ spam (sending or recieving)

ClaRivka

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 11:47 pm
im trying to change it. I dont remember what the security question and answer were so they asked for info abt the acct like the last 4 digits of cc used. its been 14 yrs since we got aol and its been 7 yrs since I got this username. it wont let me continue on and do what I want...

bnm

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 12:03 am
I keep getting those spam stuff....

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 2:37 am
I know! everyone ive ever sent an email to is getting them!

im here!

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 4:55 pm
IloveHashem613 wrote:
get a gmail account and you won't have these issues w/ spam (sending or recieving)

I have a gmail account & had it hacked this wk. I changed the password & as of now all is well bh.

Don't know how its by you clarivka but by me (gmail), they didn't let the emails go through

life'sgreat

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 6:06 pm
ClaRivka wrote:
im trying to change it. I dont remember what the security question and answer were so they asked for info abt the acct like the last 4 digits of cc used. its been 14 yrs since we got aol and its been 7 yrs since I got this username. it wont let me continue on and do what I want...

It asked me for a new security question and I created one.

life'sgreat

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 6:08 pm
Also, maybe change your passwords on your other email addresses (if you use the same name, such as clarivka@gmail.com because they might be able to hack those too.

I am NOT saying this as someone who knows how it works, but I did it for my own accounts just to be cautious.

OldYoung

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 7:28 pm
I just got spam from a friend today with an aol account, too...

louche

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 11:42 am
Oh my word, it happened to me, too.
Etiquette question: must I now send an apology and explanation to all the ppl who got a spam email from my account, or should I just ignore all the emails they're sending me saying "I got this weird email from you"?

Cookies n Cream

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 11:46 am
yah, I got an email from a friends OLD....aol account about purchasing bags....

life'sgreat

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 11:47 am
louche wrote:
Oh my word, it happened to me, too.
Etiquette question: must I now send an apology and explanation to all the ppl who got a spam email from my account, or should I just ignore all the emails they're sending me saying "I got this weird email from you"?

I think you need to let them know it's spam and there's a mistake.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 12:06 pm
its not just AOL. I used to have hotmail but it sent one too many spam emails and a friend of mine emailed hotmail to complain and it was closed down. now I have yahoo and BH it has not happened yet.

theotherone

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 12:27 pm
I have gmail and I have also been hacked and sent out spam to anyone on my contact list.

mother2b

Post Thu, Jun 24 2010, 2:15 pm
I had the same thing with my gmail account too. I changed my password. so far so good.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 4:15 pm
ClaRivka, your email just sent out spam again.

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 4:28 pm
I kno, thanks for bringing it to my attention. im in the process of fixing it...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics