Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Shape up sneakers

JollyMommy

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 2:01 am
did anyone ever try the sketcher or reebok sneakers that help tone your legs? was it easy to walk in them or was it a learning curve? were you happy with them?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 3:56 pm
I have not tried them but I have heard BAD things aboaut them.

Chocoholic

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 4:03 pm
I have the skechers shape up shoes (for about 6 months now), while they feel funny in the beginning they are in fact very comfortable, they make walking a whole lot "lighter" and easier, are not as hard on your knees and especially if you walk a lot, you save a lot of energy... Plus it helps with posture and _does_ shape up muscles that one does not usually shape up by stam walking.

Chocoholic

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 4:11 pm
chocolate moose wrote:

Heard.

I have heard bad things about so many things.... Rolling Eyes

Chocoholic

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 4:11 pm
chocolate moose wrote:

Heard.

I have heard bad things about so many things.... Rolling Eyes

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Jun 22 2010, 5:43 pm
I wear MBT shoes (orignator of that type of shoe). I've been wearing them for a year and a half and I love them. It took a while to get used to them (you need to do it gradually). My legs were quite sore for the first month or so (and still get sore if I walk a very long distance). I lost weight (I think it was around 5 lbs.) the first 6 weeks wearing them with no dietary change.

I started wearing them because I have knee and hip problems and was told they would help -- the most certainly do!

JollyMommy

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 12:25 am
what brand is MBT- or is that the brand?

ShmeinaK

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 8:04 am
They sell the same ones by the 'champion' company at payless. They range from $30 - $40-, and right now payless is having a 'buy one, get one half off' sale

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 8:52 am
esteec wrote:
what brand is MBT- or is that the brand?

MBT is the brand name.

Chocoholic

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 9:00 am
ShmeinaK wrote:
They sell the same ones by the 'champion' company at payless. They range from $30 - $40-, and right now payless is having a 'buy one, get one half off' sale

I would not get a cheap copy, I would get the real thing.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 9:05 am
Chocoholic wrote:
ShmeinaK wrote:

The true "real thing" are the MBTs -- they've been around way longer than these others and they originated the concept. They are quite pricey though -- listing for around $250 but you can find them on the web (not necessarily the newest styles though) for $100-$150. They also come in many styles, nicer ones too not just sneaker types.

Chocoholic

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 9:09 am
OOTBubby wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:
ShmeinaK wrote:

The true "real thing" are the MBTs -- they've been around way longer than these others and they originated the concept. They are quite pricey though -- listing for around $250 but you can find them on the web (not necessarily the newest styles though) for $100-$150. They also come in many styles, nicer ones too not just sneaker types.

What I'm trying to say is, I'm sure Skechers has done a lot of investigation before bringing their shape ups to the market, while other brands, in order to keep up, need something fast & not so well developed.

willow

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 9:10 am
chocolate moose wrote:

what have you heard?

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Jun 23 2010, 9:16 am
Chocoholic wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:
ShmeinaK wrote:

What I'm trying to say is, I'm sure Skechers has done a lot of investigation before bringing their shape ups to the market, while other brands, in order to keep up, need something fast & not so well developed.

They probably have, but it is still hard to imagine they've put into them the same amount of work as brand that has been around for many years.

Additionally, if you want to wear them all the time as I do (including on Shabbos and to work) you will need more choice of style than Sketchers provides.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics