Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Laser for facial hair removal

amother

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 4:07 pm
My beautician promised my my facial hair will not grow back after 6 treatments. Well, I've done it about 10 times and it still keeps growing back - it takes perhaps a little longer than when I used to wax, but after abt. 6 wks, hair's grown back. She assures me I have to have more patience, it's much thinner than it used to be etc. but I'm not so convinced. I know she's invested a lot in that big, fancy machine, but how much should I continue investing before throwing in the towel?
Opinions, anyone?

RM24

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 4:32 pm
Make sure that you are going to somebody that knows what she's doing. By 6 treatments you should be seeing way NOTICEABLE improvement. I may give it another two tries but if it isn't gone by 8 sessions I'd switch.
A friend of mine was doing laser at a cheap place in flatbush and is still going two years after I stopped (we started the same time) It all depends on the quality of the machine and the skill of the person doing it.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 30 2010, 3:18 am
When you say stopped, does that mean your facial hair is not growing back? Lucky you! How many treatments did that take?

amother

Post Wed, Jun 30 2010, 10:23 pm
I had a terrible experience with laser on the face. Initially, it sounded like your situation...but then I started growing thicker hair and hair on my face in places I never had hair before. I know of other women who have had this happen to them as well. My advice to you is stop doing laser and start electrolysis. That's where I stand now!

amother

Post Thu, Jul 01 2010, 2:43 am
And I had a bad experience with electrolysis. It was pure agony and accomplished nothing.

Laser was wonderful for me. I had maybe 7 treatments and then I stopped because I didn't want to do it while pregnant. Now that I've had the baby I'd like to find the time to go for a few more treatments but the hair is MUCH MUCH MUCH less.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics