Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Chocolate chip pie & ice cream

mommy#1

Post Sun, Jun 27 2010, 4:26 pm
I need to make a fancy dessert for a milchig meal, so I was thinking of making a chocolate chip pie in muffin tins, and serving it hot with ice cream. so, firstly I wanted to know if anyone has a good recipe. I once made a regular chocolate chip cookie recipe in a pie crust, served hot with ice cream, and everyone loved it. could I do that now-without the pie crust, because I want to make individuals? or does someone have a good recipe?

also, I have a recipe for a real good pareve ice cream, but I was wondering if anyone has a recipe for a milchig ice cream?

or, can anyone think of other good ideas-it has to be fancy, not just a regular cheese cake

tia

Last edited by mommy#1 on Sun, Jun 27 2010, 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

prettyone

Post Sun, Jun 27 2010, 4:34 pm
I know how to make a really yummy peanut butter chocolate pie.

graham cracker shell

filling:

in a saucepan melt 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter and 1/2 cup sugar and some margarine. pour into the shell. while its still hot and liquidy pour in a bag of chocolate chips and let them melt down to the bottom.

freeze.

whip up dessert whip till its stiff. scoop it on top of the frozen pie. grate some chocolate so its shavings and sprinkle on top.

serve cold

mommy#1

Post Sun, Jun 27 2010, 4:41 pm
thanks! ill keep that recipe for myself, but I really wanted to serve individual things, not just a cut of cake, because as I wrote, it needs to be really fancy. thats why I thought of the individual muffins-it makes it seem more as if each person is getting a whole dessert. thats just my own opinion, maybe im wrong...

Motheroftwins

Post Sun, Jun 27 2010, 7:48 pm
This is the recipe I use for Chocolate Chip Pie - I do it in a 9" graham gracker pie shell, but you can prab do it in the individual pie shells, or prab even make ur own bottom with graham cracker crumbs, marg/butter and some sugar to put at the bottom at the muffin tins....

1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup marg, melted and cooled
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup choc chips

Beat eggs, marg, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla with whisk. Add flour, salt and baking soda. Stir in choc chips. Pour into pie crust. Bake around 40 minutes - DO NOT OVERBAKE. Center should be moist. Cool at least 4 hours. Before serving, reheat pie in oven until warm. Serve with a scoop of ice cream.

ENJOY!

mommy#1

Post Sun, Jun 27 2010, 9:42 pm
Thanks! Very Happy

OldYoung

Post Sun, Jun 27 2010, 9:49 pm
This recipe is not exactly what you're looking for but it sounds similar enough that it might work. I posted it somewhere before- it's really delicious and easy to make!

Molten Chocolate Surprise

4 squares Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate (or the same oz. of chocolate chips)
1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
2 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
1 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup flour
12 Chocolate Chip Cookies (Lieber's Chip's Wow cookies are the perfect
size and texture)
Whipped Cream or vanilla ice cream, garnish

Preheat oven to 425°F.

Melt chocolate and margarine in large pot. Stir with wire whisk until
chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Beat whole
eggs, egg yolks, sugar and flour with wire whisk until well blended.
Gradually add to chocolate mixture, beating constantly until well
blended.

Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper liners; spray with cooking
spray. Place 1 cookie, upside-down, on bottom of each cup; cover
evenly with batter.

Bake 8 min. or until cakes are firm around edges but still soft in
centers. Let stand 1 min. Carefully remove cakes from muffin pan.
Invert onto dessert dishes (I do this right before serving instead of
right after baking); remove paper liners. Serve with whipped topping
or ice cream.

*recipe can be made in small ramekins too!

mommy#1

Post Sun, Jun 27 2010, 10:06 pm
Thanks! Sounds delicious!
2questions:how does it look and taste with the cookie on bottom-does it blend in with the batter or is it like a pie crust type of idea?
And also, you make them in cupcake wrappers? I wanted to make without. I just think it looks nicer, rather than the crinkly effect from the wrappers, but I just don't know how practical it is to get it out of the muffin pan without the wrappers

OldYoung

Post Sun, Jun 27 2010, 11:02 pm
The batter spills around the cookie a little bit so it's not really a hard, noticeable crust. I bake them in cupcake wrappers and take the wrappers off before serving. As long as they're plated nicely then the crinkle doesn't look bad. I drizzle chocolate syrup on a plate and carefully put an upside down (cookie-side up) cupcake, two chocolate chip cookies and a scoop of ice cream. It looks nice and tastes great! The chocolate is rich and slightly runny. I would test it first, to make sure it works ok for you!

miriam

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 9:44 pm
I just had to add that this thread sounds heavenly..... drool.

nylon

Post Thu, Jul 01 2010, 3:14 pm
I have tons of recipes for milchig ice cream; what flavor?

reed

Post Thu, Jul 01 2010, 3:24 pm
mommy#1 wrote:
thanks! ill keep that recipe for myself, but I really wanted to serve individual things, not just a cut of cake, because as I wrote, it needs to be really fancy. thats why I thought of the individual muffins-it makes it seem more as if each person is getting a whole dessert. thats just my own opinion, maybe im wrong...

I've made chocolate mousse and similar desserts in individual graham cracker crusts. They come out very pretty, and definitely look fancier than cutting a slice.

I have a great recipe for chocolate mousse with Rosemarie chocolate. I usually make it parve, but you can make it dairy if you prefer with milk chocolate, butter instead of margarine, etc. If you want the recipe, let me know.

Individual chocolate chip cookie pies are also great, especially when served warm with a scoop of ice cream. Yummm!!!

goldapoe

Post Thu, Jul 01 2010, 3:50 pm
OldYoung wrote:
The batter spills around the cookie a little bit so it's not really a hard, noticeable crust. I bake them in cupcake wrappers and take the wrappers off before serving. As long as they're plated nicely then the crinkle doesn't look bad. I drizzle chocolate syrup on a plate and carefully put an upside down (cookie-side up) cupcake, two chocolate chip cookies and a scoop of ice cream. It looks nice and tastes great! The chocolate is rich and slightly runny. I would test it first, to make sure it works ok for you!

This looks delicious. Does it work if you don't serve it asap? IE, a late Shabbos or for Shabbos lunch? Can it be made Thursday?

reed

Post Thu, Jul 01 2010, 3:53 pm
goldapoe wrote:
OldYoung wrote:

This looks delicious. Does it work if you don't serve it asap? IE, a late Shabbos or for Shabbos lunch? Can it be made Thursday?

These are best made fresh and served immediately. For Shabbos, I try to bake it as close to Shabbos as possible, slightly underbaking (or at least being sure not to overbake it). Then I leave it on top of a pot or crockpot to stay somewhat warm. It's not the same, but still very good. For Shabbos day (or if making Thursday), you might still have a delicious dessert, but you lose much of the runny center effect.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics