Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Urgent- medical help for new immigrants.

amother

Post Fri, Jul 02 2010, 10:02 am
I need an urgent reply PLEASE!
How long new immigrant has to wait in Israel in order to receive medical help covered by Kupat Holim.
For example in Canada you have to wait for 3 months before it is covered by provincial insurance.
Are there similar requirements in Israel or medical help starts right away from day 1.

Marion

Post Fri, Jul 02 2010, 10:16 am
You're covered immediately BUT you have to register with your kupah of choice. (When I did it, it required a trip to the post office and an NIS11 registration fee.) If you need to see a doctor in the meantime, go to Terem (if you have one) with your teudat oleh...most kuppot have some sort of arrangement with them and will reimburse retroactively a part or all of the fee.

zipporah

Post Fri, Jul 02 2010, 10:29 am
Marion wrote:
You're covered immediately BUT you have to register with your kupah of choice. (When I did it, it required a trip to the post office and an NIS11 registration fee.) If you need to see a doctor in the meantime, go to Terem (if you have one) with your teudat oleh...most kuppot have some sort of arrangement with them and will reimburse retroactively a part or all of the fee.

Yeah, we registered our first week, and I had an ear infection in week 2. No problems. Registering was amusing, though. Go to the kupah, go to the post office, go back to the kupah...

amother

Post Fri, Jul 02 2010, 10:51 am
Thanks a lot !!!!1

Liba

Post Fri, Jul 02 2010, 11:00 am
I got strep the day after we landed (104* fever, sick) so we sent someone to the post office to register and went to the doctor that day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions