Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Birthdays & Anniversaries
DH Birthday gifts

amother

Post Thu, Jun 08 2006, 12:36 pm
Hi Everybody,

I'm looking for some original b-day gifts, (not celebrations) Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

TammyTammy

Post Thu, Jun 08 2006, 12:56 pm
Can you give us some information about him? What does he like? Is he a romantic? Is he a sports nut?

We can throw out generic suggestions, but more information would allow us to come up with more meaningful gift ideas.

mimsy7420

Post Thu, Jun 08 2006, 1:01 pm
I've gotten him over the years...
ties
starbucks card
a watch
a shaver
a leather briefcase for work
cufflinks
cologne

It's hard to think of things for boys.
Sometimes tickets to a sports games is a good one.

The shaver and the leather briefcase were both very good ideas if I do say so myself. Smile

amother

Post Thu, Jun 08 2006, 1:03 pm
I'll accept any ideas. But if this helps He's a chassidish guy, so no cufflinks, no ties, no movie tickets etc.

Thanks a lot!

amother

Post Thu, Jun 08 2006, 1:16 pm
I'm a new amother, call me "Mrs. Sports"....

while we're at it..... My husband is into sports and his Bday is coming up too. Any suggestions while people are tickling their brains? Very Happy

MOM222

Post Thu, Jun 08 2006, 11:05 pm
A valet (think that what it is called shock )
New wooden hangers (that one is more for me- but hey It shows I care about his closet)
wallet (put a picture inside, monogram his initials in the corner)
Alarm clock that shakes the bed (for me again but he needed it LOL )
Someone once suggested a card that says _____(b-day age) reasons why I love you. (Its harder then you think to come up with real stuff)
Treat him to a gift certificate for a custom made shirt
Belt
Shoe Horns
Go out to eat

Watch on a chain ($)
Certificates that he can give you any time, like 1 hour off, no going to the kids during the night, you can get creative..... (dont give out too many or you'll regret it)
Get him a new tallis bag...
Small siddur for his tefilin bag
If he has an office, or seforim room - a desk set, photos

Shtender

Still thinking

Last edited by MOM222 on Thu, Jun 08 2006, 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

shoy18

Post Thu, Jun 08 2006, 11:08 pm
amother wrote:

while we're at it..... My husband is into sports and his Bday is coming up too. Any suggestions while people are tickling their brains? Very Happy

thats easy, just get him tickets to a really good game!

mom2b

Post Fri, Jun 09 2006, 1:45 am
Coffee table books are good. I just got my dh 2 of them- 1 book on How to make diff kinds of suhis (He Looves sushi) and 1 on Diff kinds of Smoothies (he loves that too- milkshakes, ice cofee and all that good stuff). I also got tall Smoothie glasses and a sushi kit to go along... But whatever your DH is into- photography, sports, etc, you can find some nice coffe table books abt those things that he'll enjoy!

amother

Post Fri, Jun 09 2006, 7:25 am
The best gift I ever got from my DH is a coupon book and I think it would be a great gift to give anyone. You can fill the book up with events, like a walk in the park, a birthday cake (and have the cake ready) his favorite meal, a book that he would like, a task he can get out of.... just some ideas.

When my husband gave it to me he also made some of the coupons expired, because in real life sometimes you get coupons only to find out that they are already expired. It was so funny I couldn't stop smiling. I loved it mostly because I saw the time he took to create it and it really meant something to me that he was thinking of me all day.

supermom

Post Fri, Jun 09 2006, 7:42 am
mom2b wrote:
smoothies,ice cofee

Those are my two favorites. Now if I only new how to make them can you supply a recipe? The smoothies for me always come out a flop very bitter no matter how much sweetners I put in like apple juice concentrate or sugar. Confused

OP sorry for going off topic Very Happy

queen

Post Fri, Jun 09 2006, 8:52 am
MOM222 - what great ideas! thanks

mimsy7420

Post Fri, Jun 09 2006, 10:54 am
The shabbos lamp!

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Jun 09 2006, 10:58 am
amother wrote:

My husband is a sports fanatic too.

One year I bought him a watch w/ his favorite football team on it, this year I got him a wall clock with his team and a t-shirt.

There are tons of great websites online to purchase team stuff.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 09 2006, 11:05 am
Does he like to BBQ? There are lots of nice BBQing gadgets. I found online for my DH a steak brander which I ordered with his initials - it came in a really classy box gift wrapped etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Birthdays & Anniversaries