Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
My email keeps sending spam
Previous  1  2

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 6:12 pm
ClaRivka wrote:
I kno, thanks for bringing it to my attention. im in the process of fixing it...

I would suggest that if you can't fix it immediately, you should delete everyone in your address book so we don't have to continue getting this garbage.

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 6:20 pm
I deleted you

life'sgreat

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 7:25 pm
Yes Clarivka. Smile Perhaps save the address book and delete everyone from your aol account?

Annie

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 9:28 pm
my dh's yahoo account keeps sending out spam and spyware. The only clue was that he never uses his yahoo account, but for lots of people who don't know that it was annoying.

realeez

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 9:38 pm
It happened to me from one of my gmail accounts! Luckily, I only used the account to sell things on Craiglist or when writing to a newspaper or two so it didnt go to any people. I changed the password, sent them all an apology (and a DO NOT CLICK LINK) and also deleted my contacts. I've been getting these types of emails from a bunch of people too. It's really annoying!

I felt so bad for a friend who had one of these go to her entire mailing list but it was "SoandSo wants to share pictures of herself" and it went to her bosses, guys she had dated years before, etc. She was mortified!

myself

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 5:44 am
My yahoo account sent out spam emails yesterday. I imagine people realise that I don't send emails on Shabbos embarrassed

I've sent apologies and changed my password but I feel rather uneasy about this. Do I have to worry about my details being used?

su7kids

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 11:07 am
ClaRivka wrote:
im trying to change it. I dont remember what the security question and answer were so they asked for info abt the acct like the last 4 digits of cc used. its been 14 yrs since we got aol and its been 7 yrs since I got this username. it wont let me continue on and do what I want...

Delete your contacts in your AOL account.

DefyGravity

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 11:42 am
I had that happen with my yahoo account a couple of weeks ago. I changed my pw and that seems to have solved the issue. Thankfully, it's an account I only use for junk, so I'm not very worried about info getting stolen.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics