Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Did you excercise throughout your pregnancy

amother

Post Thu, Jun 08 2006, 8:36 am
did you excercise throughout your pregnancy and if so what type of excercise did you do and how often.
currently I am walking 3 times a week for a half hour but I wonder if that will keep me fit.
thanx

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jun 08 2006, 10:01 am
sure did.

I think we have other threads on that.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Jun 08 2006, 10:07 am
I just ran into a girl from my step class that just had a baby 2 weeks ago. She was out and about, walking the baby, and is itching to go back to class.

IIRC, she would do the regular step class, but sometimes take it down a notch if she felt it was necessary. She didn't do any crunches and other tummy toning excersizes.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jun 08 2006, 10:24 am
you can do certain stomach exercises when preg. you have to find out wha'ts okay, and how much though.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 08 2006, 10:28 am
anyone know of a prenatal exercising class in CH?

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jun 08 2006, 11:50 am
I am sure there are many. ask shaya eliav.

ChavieK

Post Thu, Jun 08 2006, 12:17 pm
With my last baby I went to the gym everyday. It was my easiest pg.I excercised withthe others but not everyday.My Dr had me wear a heart monitor & no crunches.But I did the eliptical,treadmill,precor,weights. B'shaa tova.

openminded

Post Thu, Jun 08 2006, 4:44 pm
what's shayna eliav's cell # -sarag?

aspring

Post Thu, Jun 08 2006, 7:18 pm
There is a prenatal yoga class in crown heights
& Swimming is great excerise while pregnant too.

imanut

Post Thu, Jun 08 2006, 7:50 pm
I used a treadmill throughout my second pregnancy. it really helped keep the weight gain down.

mom3boys

Post Thu, Jun 08 2006, 8:00 pm
Tried to stick wit hmy normal workouts, but pesach got me way off schedual. As a result got out of shape, tried to get back into it, but after a 7 week break being in my 7th month was pretty tough. I'm 31 weeks now and the only things I changed was the intensity with wich I work out (lower level on epileptical machine, can't run on the tredmill. lifting lighter weights, and took one the risers from my step in the step class.)
Chavie K said:
Quote:
no crunches

I was told by my midwife as well as my doula that it's ok to continue with the abdominal workouts as long as your abdominal muscles haven't separated.

imaamy

Post Thu, Jun 08 2006, 8:17 pm
With my first I was exercising a lot. I got preterm labor, but I had many stresses at the time. My mother, alva shalom, passed 3 weeks before he was born. With my second, I wanted to exercise a lot but I got very winded. I swam, did light aerobics and I think some weights. You should be able to do whatever feels comfortable for you as long as your doctor is OK with it. Gets pretty hard at the end though--that big belly just keeps getting in the way and you have to stop to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes!

amother

Post Thu, Jun 08 2006, 8:24 pm
Does excercising affect your first 3 months of pregnancy? Can you keep up with a personal trainer w/o him knowing, bc you don't want to share the news with anyone yet?

preggymama

Post Fri, Jun 09 2006, 11:34 am
Quote:
aspring Posted: Thu, Jun 08 2006, 6:18 pm Post subject: re: did you excercise throughout your pregnancy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a prenatal yoga class in crown heights

You can give more info about that - When? Where? Who gives it?
Thanks!

yrs1025

Post Fri, Jun 09 2006, 12:07 pm
I was not allowed to excercise with any of my pregnancies (high risk).

supermom

Post Sat, Jun 10 2006, 4:09 pm
I did weights, crunches, and jogged throughout my pregnancy with my third and when I gave birth I was never skinnier. The labor and delivery was so easy don't know if the excersise was to blame though. I went into labor in the morning but still did house work thinking it was nothing. Had guest cooked and baked cleaned up. And by the time they left I was off to the hospital with bad contractions. three hours later one push my baby popped out!! Boy never had it so easy in my life..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise