Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Does anyone know what color Londra is?

busydev

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 3:27 pm
I like these socks and have them in brown and black. I really want to get them in a nude color and went to double header online to see if they had it.

The sock comes in the following colors
Nero (Black)
Moka (Brown)
blumarine (I assume blue)
londra

I cannot figure out what color londra is supposed to be. I emailed them, but maybe one of you will be able to help me....
here is the link...

http://www.doubleheaderusa.com.....=Dali

TIA

Barbara

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 3:32 pm
busydev wrote:
I like these socks and have them in brown and black. I really want to get them in a nude color and went to double header online to see if they had it.

The sock comes in the following colors
Nero (Black)
Moka (Brown)
blumarine (I assume blue)
londra

I cannot figure out what color londra is supposed to be. I emailed them, but maybe one of you will be able to help me....
here is the link...

http://www.doubleheaderusa.com.....=Dali

TIA

I needed a break at work:

http://hosieree.com/brands/Lev......html

Isramom8

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 3:40 pm
That is a very interesting color chart for those involved in paskening tahars hamishpacha questions. I am sending the link to DH. Smile

madres

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 3:50 pm
I've baught londra many time before out of desperation in the winter. it's horrid, it's like it didn't quite make it to be black... I wear them under boots with longish skirt...

busydev

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 3:51 pm
thanks.. so its grey...

oh well....

they do have nude color but not in that denier... only sheer.

I have asked this before and plp told me to check out ttrouser socks- but I was unable to find what I was looking for...

so does anyone know of any knee hi of a similar opacity (if this is a real word...) that comes in a nude type color... if its a little thinner thats all right- just not very thin.

I like the thickness of these tights (http://www.doubleheaderusa.com/product.asp?itemid=Support_60) but dont want tights- would rather knee-his. and def no control top...

maidale

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 5:28 pm
Londra is something between grey and black, like a darkish grey. When it's new it's fine, it goes with any dark outfit, but it gets washed out really quickly and takes on a purplish tinge... It's not really nice.
Naturel and skinlook are nice tones for the summer.

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 6:03 pm
Londra = London = grey, kinda makes sense. Maybe it's similar to what we call "nearly black", which is like a sheer shade of black? Hard to explain but it's a very dark grey, but not too solid it doesn't look too hot in summer.

neverbored

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 6:04 pm
its off-black with a hint of dk. grey. I wear it all winter.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 6:08 pm
I learn something new every day.

shaini

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 6:51 pm
Yes, Londra is what is often referred to as a slightly paler than nearly black. You can wear it with many outfits because it's not a dark black. It could also be referred to as a slate grey. I find it a really useful colour to go with skirts that are not pale coloured, you can sometimes get away wearing it with some of the darker shades of blue/greens and with black it just lightens up the outfit.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics