Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What is a wedding bra?

freshie

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 5:32 am
Before I got married my sister told me I MUST buy a wedding bra. So I dutifully trotted to the local lingerie store and requested for one. I wore it on the wedding day and thats it.I am now throwing out my old bras because of nursing and size change and I am wondering what to do with this really expensive piece? What was the purpose and when else could I wear it?, I am BH in a very loving marriage and dont plan on having a remarriage Very Happy . Did I really need it in the first place??
Argh sisters! they make you do the strangest things!

Sherri

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 6:08 am
Is it a gown bra?

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 6:49 am
I have no idea!
I was told to wear a comfy bra and not a new one because it's a looooong day.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 6:54 am
also no idea what this is. can you show us what you are talking about?

the place where I got my wedding dress, the lady told me to get a bra that is good for dancing and jumping, maximum support, that was the extent of my "wedding" bra.

Sherri

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 7:51 am
I think most people are advised to wear the best support they could for their wedding. It's not a "wedding bra" per se, but a good bra to wear to your wedding.
Also, some bras are recommended for under a gown, for a good shape. So it could be one or the other, or a combo. I don't see why you would throw it out. Perhaps list the company and style and people could tell you if they recognize it. Does it still fit, or totally not, not ever again?

faigie

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 8:04 am
some people wear a bra with some padding, becuase the weight of the beading etc can flatten person out sometimes.

manhattanmom

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 8:10 am
I don't think it's a "Wedding bra" just a very good and supportive one.
As in, "get fitted for a new bra with super support" that will help shape you the way you want to look.

freshie

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 9:44 am
it is extremely supported and well padded. When will I ever wear it and when is it best for? I am really not the type to try and make my chest seem fuller than it is.

Raisin

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 10:11 am
I went to buy a bra recently and there were about 100 different types of bras. Tshirt bras, sports bras, extra support, reducing, enlarging, strapless, etc etc etc.

much too confusing.

How about a nice, pretty, comfortable bra that will give me support?

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 10:22 am
That's why I have a drawer full of bras, Raisin.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics