Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Need babysitter advice for next fall

ceo

Post Thu, Jun 08 2006, 8:48 am
I work part time(mornings). Currently, I send my son 17 months to a lady who sits in her house. She is Israeli, very warm and loving and is very reliable. She takes off sometimes, but always with advance notice. She has a backup for when she takes off for an emergency (never) and has never cancelled on me at the last minute.
My son is one of the older kids there. He will be 20 months in September, and he is too little for any of the local playgroups.

Next year, my neighbor will be doing babysitting specifically for my son's age group- kids who are maybe a little too old for regular babysitting, but are too little for the two year old cutoff date. I was originally planning on sending my son to this neighbor, because I thought it would be better for him to be around children closer to his age than to be around babies. Also, this woman will be doing a bit more structure- story time, coloring, etc.

However, my neighbor just gave me her schedule for next year and she is missing SO MUCH, mostly because she is going out of town for pesach and succos and will be taking off an extra week at both ends (before and after). In addition, she has little kids at home, so if one gets sick then I would be stuck. Also, she told me that she has two siblings in shidduchim, so hopefully they will get married soon, and if she has to go back home for a chasuna......

The problem is around here, is that there are not al ot of "drop in" sitters, where I can just bring my son in when she takes off. This is worrisome to me, how I will find sitting at this these times. Especially- I know that the month of October- before and after Succos will be vry hectic at my job.

On the other hand, I don't really want him to continue at the sitter where he is now, just because he will be the oldest and I feel that he is not getting enough stimulation and activities.

Any thoughts? I have to make up my mind before shabbos, so I really need ideas.
thanks!

Flowerchild

Post Thu, Jun 08 2006, 8:50 am
where do you live?

ceo

Post Thu, Jun 08 2006, 9:13 am
I would prefer not to say where I live- buit it;s outside of the NY metro area and there are not a lot of drop off sitters in my area. If you think you might live near me and have an idea that might be shayach, you can PM me.

Flowerchild

Post Thu, Jun 08 2006, 9:19 am
no I live in new york and I have a friend who babysitts she is pretty good so I thought id give your number but its not near you

ceo

Post Thu, Jun 08 2006, 9:32 am
lilly, thank you anyway for the suggestion.

The problem isn't that I don;t have a sitter....I just need to choose between them. Any more ideas out there?

cl

Post Wed, Jun 14 2006, 7:07 am
how many hours is he at the sitter? what did u decide in the end? if ur happy with where he is now then leave him there an do the more stimulating activities at home.
what about sending him to playgroup in january when he turns 2? thats what I think I will do with DS.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics