Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Adding second baby to babysitter - wages

amother

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 9:32 pm
What is the accepted practice when you have one child with a babysitter (in her house - not yours) and then you have a second that she will also babysit? Do you pay double? Almost double? We are in Brooklyn. Thanks!

2busy

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 9:36 pm
Hi - I am a babysitter and I have the kids in my house - I have 3 families who send 2 kids each and they pay double bc there are 2 kids - why should u pay less - I am working the same for each kid as if they were from 2 diff families and if you pay less it is not worth it for me I could take 2 kids from seperate families who would pay the same rate - I hear why you want to pay less but I hope this helps thanks

doitall

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 9:37 pm
The babysitter is the one who usually lets you know how much she wants to get paid, but I think it's usually half price for the second kid. For example, if you're paying $6 per hour for one kid then it would be $9 per hour for two kids.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 29 2010, 9:14 pm
I know that it seems odd to ask why not pay double for 2 kids but it also seems like if I pay double then I might as well have someone come into my house and clean, laundry etc for the same price I am paying to schlep them out - which is not so easy. Thanks for responding
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics