Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Bright red cheeks

gryp

Post Sat, Jan 29 2005, 10:07 pm
can anybody think of what this can be a symptom of? im baffled.

Tefila

Post Sat, Jan 29 2005, 10:20 pm
Could very well be an allergy, or sometimes when they are sick. Are the rims or around the eyes red too?
Maybe check it out if you yourself can't find the root of the problem, or if it doesn't go away

Some people like me get it when I'm hot or out of breath. Embarresing but not much one can do, except to wear green make up embarrassed

Last edited by Tefila on Sun, Jan 30 2005, 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total

BasHashem

Post Sat, Jan 29 2005, 11:37 pm
hi, gut voch

it could be slap face, that is a virus also known as 5th disesea
here is some info on it......good luck

http://www.surgerydoor.co.uk/m....._.htm

BasHashem

hadasa

Post Sun, Jan 30 2005, 2:29 am
My kids all get dry, bright red cheeks as a reaction to cold and wind, until about the age of four. What helps most is the stuff in the tiny jars called (I think) Lip relief.

gryp

Post Sun, Jan 30 2005, 9:05 am
I think Mendel might have an ear infection. hes had fever on and off the past few days, and his cheeks are so bright red, they look sunburned!

basically he slept from 1-4 last night, and the rest of the time screamed and couldnt sit still for more than 5 seconds because hes so uncomfortable.

im taking him to the doctor today, im praying its just an ear infection and not fifths disease.

hadasa

Post Sun, Jan 30 2005, 10:32 am
RG - Personally, I think I'd rather a viral illness that runs its course and goes away, than an infection that may need antibiotics. Has he been having joint pain? My friend's one-year-old just had fifth disease, beginning with a day when she refused to stand up, then the slapped-cheek look, and then fever, and then it all B"H went away on its own.

Refuah Shelaimah, and let us know what the doctor said!

gryp

Post Sun, Jan 30 2005, 10:43 am
hadasa- I know, youre right. I wasnt thinking straight when I said that. as long as its over soon. im thinking hard about the joint pain. what does that mean exactly? im trying hard to think of things hes been doing the past few days and if any of those things qualify as "joint pain." last night he was throwing himself around and writhing because he couldnt get comfortable. I wonder if that might be it. he is teething very bad and this morning didnt let me touch his head which is why I think he might have an ear infection. but hes had "sunburned cheeks" for a few days now, and the first day it was also on his arms. so I guess we'll see what the doctor says.

thanx for your kind words. Mendel is usually very healthy and is bl"ah, never sick, so I must admit that when he does get sick, I get very worried.

miriam

Post Sun, Jan 30 2005, 12:16 pm
Refuah Shelaimah!!!!

Yael

Post Sun, Jan 30 2005, 1:17 pm
just by the way its dangerous for a pregnant woman to be exposed to fifth disease. I dont know if it applies to you or not but you can do what you want with the info. research or call a doc.

BasHashem

Post Sun, Jan 30 2005, 5:13 pm
my dr. and I am sure others as well test for 5th des. when they do the initial bllod work during pregnacy.

btw u mentioned u were going to the dr today...what did he say...........

sorry for the typos,I am nusing,,,,,,,,,,,u'd think I would be better at multi tasking,,,,,,,I have 5 kids three of which I nursed till 2.......(my baby is 15 months and he is all over the place when I nurse I have my computer in my kitchen (best thing I did) and the key board is in a draw (had it specail made) and when he nurses and I type he kicks the dooor closed with his feet.....what a yummy.

BasHashem

gryp

Post Sun, Jan 30 2005, 9:03 pm
thanx for your concern,... well I was almost positive that he had fifths disease because his cheeks have been bright bright red since thursday. after being up all night Mendel slept this morning from 8-12 and woke up and the redness was gone!! he wasnt acting himself still, but it sounds a little foolish to explain to the doctor that you think he has fifths disease when his cheeks are perfectly clear!

so basically, he does have a virus, whether or nor it was fifths disease is a personal opinion and will remain a mystery... I guess next time I should take him to the doctor as soon as he has symptoms, instead of waiting it out and trying to guess what he had after hes cured....

b"h, hes sleeping soundly with no fever, not on tylenol, and is regular color... b"h.

BasHashem

Post Sun, Jan 30 2005, 11:31 pm
B"h, I am happy to hear your son is better, there is nothing worse than a sick baby.

Dont beat yourself up about not going sooner, the dr, probably would have told you it was a virus and there was nothing to do about it,so you did good! Very Happy

I get crazy when my young ones get sick. My bigs ones can tell me whats bothering them, and then I can help.

but when the babies get sick I go crazzzzzzzzy........

my baby he is 15 months when he gets sick he gets croup, yuk,,,,,,,,,

well another good reason for MOSHIACH NOW

Be well
BasHashem
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics