Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Clean movie
1  2  Next

nr

Post Wed, Aug 04 2010, 8:44 pm
I'm looking for a movie I can watch online with my husband. He only likes to watch stuff that don't have women, or hardly any. Something like Lassie, or Newsies. (these we watched already and were good) Any good ideas?

tsiggelle

Post Wed, Aug 04 2010, 8:46 pm
nr wrote:
I'm looking for a movie I can watch online with my husband. He only likes to watch stuff that don't have women, or hardly any. Something like Lassie, or Newsies. (these we watched already and were good) Any good ideas?

what are those about?

nr

Post Wed, Aug 04 2010, 9:04 pm
They're both old classics. Lassie is about an unusually talented dog. Newsies is about a group of boys in the 1930s? I think. Both had hardly any females, and were amazingly done. Any ideas?

jerseygirl

Post Wed, Aug 04 2010, 9:36 pm
Here are some great 'clean' classics that I could think of off the top of my head. There are women in these, but they are older movies so are relatively clean.

It Happened One Night - Capra
The Godfather and The Godfather Part II - Coppola
Rear Window - Hitchcock
Rebecca - Hitchcock
All about Eve

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Wed, Aug 04 2010, 9:38 pm
u can watch mrs doubtffire. very clean and one of our favorites.

MrsDash

Post Wed, Aug 04 2010, 9:52 pm
"The Negotiator" (with Samuel L. Jackson & Kevin Spacey) a really cool movie and doesn't really have any women in it, or naughty scenes. I know it's over a decade old, but I remember my nephew mentioning how much he enjoyed it especially since it didn't involve a love story or scantily clad women.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Aug 04 2010, 9:53 pm
Probably a good action movie-those many times don't have romance involved just some guns and blood.

ysydmom

Post Wed, Aug 04 2010, 10:02 pm
ET is the cleanest movie I have ever seen. Even Newsies has a scene with a girl and guy in it. If you do a google search for pg13 or rated g movies you should get some good ideas.

How about some Disney ones? Toy Story, Cars? some of them are fun for adults as well.

jerseygirl

Post Wed, Aug 04 2010, 10:26 pm
I just thought of a better one. 'UP!' It's GREAT! It's an animated movie from last year that was fantastic and extremly clean. Also, 'Fantastic Mr. Fox' was great.

mamommommy

Post Wed, Aug 04 2010, 10:32 pm
Remember the Titans is an excellent movie!

dee's mommy

Post Wed, Aug 04 2010, 10:41 pm
I have to disagree with the assumption that all old or classic movies are clean by frum standards. Although it is nothing to modern movies, you still have to be very careful.

It Happened One Night, is certainly not "clean." there are some scenes in there that I remember, that I would hesitate to show to a Jewish man. (For example, the hitchhiking scene. And even the scenes where the two leads have to share a room with "walls of Jericho" to protect them is little questionable.) Don't get me wrong, I like the movie, but this is how I evaluate it when it comes to tznius.

I don't remember enough of the other classic movies mentioned, but I would use caution in these examples too.

pumpernickle

Post Wed, Aug 04 2010, 11:13 pm
For someone who is looking for ultra clean I would not recommend mrs doubtfire. How about good old mr bean?? My husband also likes what ur hubby likes and mr bean is a winner. U can try the three stoogies. Suite life with Zack and Cody is pretty clean too.

morah

Post Wed, Aug 04 2010, 11:14 pm
12 Angry Men is a good one. No women at all, just 12 (angry) men. Also, nothing inappropriate. It's the story of a jury deliberating following a murder trial, but you never actually see the murder, you just hear the jury reconstruct the events based on the trial. There are 2 versions, the old one is much better than the newer one.

Cookies n Cream

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 12:15 pm
morah wrote:
12 Angry Men is a good one. No women at all, just 12 (angry) men. Also, nothing inappropriate. It's the story of a jury deliberating following a murder trial, but you never actually see the murder, you just hear the jury reconstruct the events based on the trial. There are 2 versions, the old one is much better than the newer one.

We read that book in HS.
It was great!

c.c.cookie

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 12:28 pm
I love Free Willy.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 12:37 pm
yoshi wrote:
"The Negotiator" (with Samuel L. Jackson & Kevin Spacey) a really cool movie and doesn't really have any women in it, or naughty scenes. I know it's over a decade old, but I remember my nephew mentioning how much he enjoyed it especially since it didn't involve a love story or scantily clad women.

clean, but violent

yo'ma

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 12:37 pm
morah wrote:

My dh wouldn't like it, but I love this movie, both of them.

dGirl

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 12:49 pm
The Borrowers is a cute movie from about a decade ago, a remake of an old classic.

Isher

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 12:57 pm
John Q (2002, Rated PG-13, Drama, Starring Denzel Washington)

mindyme

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 1:22 pm
An American Tail, cartoon about a mouse family coming from europe, early 1900's, parallel to jewish immigration experience, ("Feivel Mousekewitz", if I remember correctly)

War Games - 2 teen computer nerds almost start WWIII unknowingly. My dh loves this. Tons of action. I think a couple of teen girls, but very much in the background. focus is the computers, the boys and the US gov't/Defence

The outsiders - very moving. action, hartzidik. 3 orphan brothers find themselves in a gang war in 50s america, and 2 have to go on the run. I still get shivers when I think of it. I think it was redone - watch the original

Twilight Zone shows. I recently discovered these and they're amazing!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics