Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Gaining weight while dieting and need tips to lose

amother

Post Mon, Aug 09 2010, 3:58 am
is it possible to gain weight while eating regular? this past week I have been watching my food intake. I have been eating mealtimes only, eating a heavier meal for lunch and lighter for supper, drank water, and munched on vegetables. I have exercised 5 minutes on the elliptical 4 times last week and walked 15 minutes+ during the day with a double stroller. I had a rough time over the weekend and over ate by one meal because I skipped a meal. I weighed myself today and gained 2.5 lbs.

my metabolism doesnt work so well, and I know I need more exercise to boost it up possibly.
I am on BC which is definitely stunting my weight loss.

I need to lose a bunch of inches but cant possibly go off sugar which is in EVERYTHING! and white flour well I eat about 3-4 slices of white bread a week or a pita somewhere during that, and a few slices of challah over shabbos, I dont eat pasta, or havent for a while and for the minimal bread intake im not ready to spend the extra to buy whole wheat which I will end up eating more of.

does this make sense?
I have never dieted in my life and am having a rough time losing weight.
although I am watching what I am eating its not enough bc its causing me to gain, and thats the last thing I want.

any ideas?

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Aug 09 2010, 6:05 am
You might want to look into the HHCG (homeopathic spray) diet -- it is particularly geared towards people who have difficulty losing weight -- check it at this link www.myfatcure.com

If you're interested, please use this link to purchase the spray as I'll receive a referral credit.

Good luck.

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Aug 09 2010, 6:16 am
Homeopathy is quackery, don't waste your money on their "preparations"

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Aug 09 2010, 6:22 am
Chocoholic wrote:

I have lost almost 20 lbs. in 3½ weeks without feeling hungry -- and there are over 4,000 people on their website who have complete the protocol and are maintaining their weight losses.

Don't judge so fast without personal experience.

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Aug 09 2010, 6:39 am
OOTBubby wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:

I have lost almost 20 lbs. in 3½ weeks without feeling hungry -- and there are over 4,000 people on their website who have complete the protocol and are maintaining their weight losses.

It's placebo, it's all in your mind..! Do your research on "homeopathy"

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Aug 09 2010, 6:47 am
Chocoholic wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:

It's placebo, it's all in your mind..! Do your research on "homeopathy"

I did extensive research before I started -- and tried very similar diets and never lost weight as fast as I am on this. I would maybe lose a lb. a week, and now I've lost 10 lbs. first week and around 3 lbs. subsequent weeks.

Don't believe it if you wish, but if you ask people who've used it, you will see it does work.

chica

Post Mon, Aug 09 2010, 6:58 am
Back to the OP's topic...

I would suggest more exercise, 5 minutes on the elliptical is not enough to get your heart pumping fast enough to burn calories, let alone to get to a point where you are burning fat. If you have the time, I would suggest upping the time (slowly, if your body isn't used to the exercise) to get to at least 30 minutes every time you get on the machine, watch a video, listen to some music, anything to keep you on longer. Especially since you want to kick start your metabolism, pushing your body to burn more than it's accustomed to will help you in that respect. The fitter you are the more your body will burn even at rest.

Also, I have found personally when I think about dieting I obsess over food; what 'm putting in, ingredients, balanced intake etc, and I find that it often works against me. Again, personally I am better off just having healthy food in the house and not eating when I'm not hungry.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Aug 09 2010, 7:47 am
Maybe weight watchers would be good for you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise