Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
HELP! Did I purchase a bad car?

ml2192

Post Fri, Aug 13 2010, 10:10 am
I posted this on another forum but didnt get any responses and am very nervous.

We have been keeping our eye out for a second car for the past couple of months and have been having some trouble finding a decent car within our $10,000 budget. Now that the Fall semester is approaching we really need one soon.
We saw an ad on autotrader.com and went to a used car dealer where we saw a 2005 Camry with 65000 miles for $8700. I checked NADA, kelley blue book, edmonds etc and saw that it is a reasonable price. I know Toyota are good cars and the 2005 Camry according to Consumer Reports was no exception (got very good reviews). We checked the CARFAX and also the AutoCheck report. I made sure I used the VIN actually etched into the car. In addition we took the car to our mechanic. Everything seemed great (except for 1 repair which the car dealer had their mechanic fix after our mechanic noticed it). We bought the car with our credit card and drove home. The one thing I didnt do, though I definitely thought of it and intended to (but then forgot), was to check the reputation of the actual dealer. I looked online just now and found several very bad reviews as well as an F rating by the BBB. Now I am very very nervous.

I checked the car thoroughly via my mechanic, CARFAX, AutoCheck.
It is a Camry which are usually great cars.
Logic is telling me I did a lot of hishtadlus. You can never be certain with a used car. And its no worse than if I had bought from a private seller. Furthermore I know most people dont bother to write reviews. If someone does it is usually because they are disgruntled which then skews everything.

But I have a really bad feeling about the whole thing. Is there anything I can/should do?

Please advise!

shanie5

Post Fri, Aug 13 2010, 12:08 pm
A bad dealer (or one who has a not great reputation for whatever reason) does not equal a bad car. You did all the other research necessary, and a bad dealer can still sell good cars-even unintentionally Wink .

You bought the car, if its working fine, then accept that u got a good deal-and when you are convinced the car is good-give the dealer a good report.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars