Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Ideas for a trip to London?

QueenBee

Post Sun, Jun 18 2006, 6:41 pm
I'm going to be in London (more specifically, Golder's Green) next week on a business trip - any ideas for what I can do in my spare time? I also wanted to know if anyone has stayed in the Croft Court Hotel there? What was it like? And ideas for places to eat! Thanks!

queen

Post Sun, Jun 18 2006, 9:10 pm
QueenBee- I love your avatar Very Happy

http://www.croftcourthotel.co.uk/

hey its me

Post Sun, Jun 18 2006, 10:49 pm
is it your first time in london?

well you have golders green road where most of the restaurants are, you can go in to hendon, take a bus from golders green road goes straight in 2 hendon some more restaurants.

the 210 bus goes to brent cross shopping mall bout 10 min bus ride.

um than u can visit central london....ill write more when I have a few min

Raisin

Post Mon, Jun 19 2006, 5:50 am
don't miss carmellis bakery for their yummy cream cakes.

There is lots of touristy stuff to do in London - check out tourist websites. Madame tussauds, tower of london (crown jewels) art galleries, Imperial war museum (also has stuff about holocaust) etc etc etc etc

Lots of shopping too.

bonzie

Post Mon, Jun 19 2006, 6:29 am
me and my husband went to london twice, once on a honeymoon after the wedding, and about three months ago, after I had my first baby, we had such such a nice time, we stayed at a place called yamor suites, its on golders green and is the best location if u didn't book yet I would suggest this, each room is a suite, with a dining room living room, kitchen gorgeous bathroom, on our second trip half the time it was booked so we moved to hendon hall hotel which is also stunning but out of the way (being in hendon). we went to westminster both trips, the first time we went on the london eye, and took pics by big ben, and went in the cabs just cuz they were cool, they also have an imax there, and boating, the second time we went to madame tusa, it was nice but I think overpriced (like 80 dollars for two ppl) then there are sooo many yummy restaurants tho mostly milchig, the milk and honey bistro is my favorite on golders green), and on hendon you've got isalabella which is also great, the mall (brentcross) is like a two min cab ride away and they have some really nice shops.
if you have any questions please feel free to PM me, my grandmother lives there so I've been going at least once a yr since I've been born
oh and I forgot do the tour bus!

cl

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 10:23 am
I live in London so if theres something specific u want 2 know PM me or ask here...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics