Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
I can drive myself crazy!

Hashemlovesme

Post Sat, Aug 28 2010, 3:54 pm
I'm really good about (not) spending $. We live on a kollel budget (no we aren't supported) & buy ONLY what is 100% necessary. We firmly believe & see that Hashem provides all that we need & it's our job to spend wisely. I decide which store to shop @ each week based on what is on sale there....but you can go nuts trying to save 3 shekel. Things go on sale after you buy it or you don't have enough to stock up when it was on sale..... plus time/energy is worth something too! I always think too much after I make any big purchase, did I really need it, did I get the best price....???? Any advice?

Plonis

Post Sat, Aug 28 2010, 11:50 pm
I hear you there! I also end up sometimes, despite my best efforts, face-deep in the mud we euphemistically call finances.

I think the answer is that we have only half of the necessary bitachon. It's vital to have bitachon that Hashem will give us what we need... but we also need to have bitachon in Hashgacha Protis. And that means that even the decisions we made are Hashgacha Protis. The potentially overspending because we didn't realize that potatoes are on sale in the makolet on the other street is Hashgacha Protis.

The same Hashem that gives us the money to buy our needs is the same Hashem who gives us the intelligence and judgment to make our decisions.

Hashemlovesme

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 4:50 am
Thank you!! I think that's what I was trying to tell myself, but I wasn't able to word it as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics