Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Need Your advice

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 8:21 pm
I have a little problem, well not really a problem, just s/thing I can't decide.
I'm going for shabbos in CH.
I work in a special ed school, where I can have a ride to Monsey, one of my coworkers MIL lives in Monsey and is going to CH for shabbos, she is willing to take me but she has lots of stuff in the car and I'll have to keep my heavy suitcase on my lap, she is leaving Monsey at 4:30 and will be in CH about 6:00. I will arrive in Monsey at about 2:45 pm and I wont have what to do until she leaves, I dont want to shlep around Monsey with my heavy suitcase

My other choice is taking a bus from where I live to Williamsburg at 2:30 (I finish work at 2 and I'm packing tonight), I arrive in Willy at about 4, and take a car service to CH.

The first option is free but I wont have what to do in Monsey, till she goes, I dont want to hold my suitcase on my lap all the way, and I really would like to be in CH earlier then 6.
My second option is taking a bus to willy and from there a car to CH, but it will cost me 12 bucks for the bus and another 15 for the car...

So what do you suggest?

P.S. if anyone pays my bus ticket and car ride, then of course I go with option 2. LOL Tongue Out Very Happy

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 8:58 pm
can you pack in shopping bags or a tote bag? I wouldn't shelp a heavy suitcase, it's only one day, right?

stem

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 8:58 pm
Sounds like everything except the money points to going to williamsburg->car service-> Crown Heights. I say its worth the money.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 10:11 pm
My host says I can also take a bus from Willy to CH, but I dont like those things, shlepping suitcases on a bus, and running to catch buses, and not knowing where to get off, if I go by car, I get door to door service..
Sara, Im not that kind of person that can pack in bags, my stuff are heavy and take up alot of space, even if it's just for a day, and it's for 2 days BTW.
well, half of friday, all of Shabbos and half of Sunday.

and Sara, I;m also bringing along anotehr suitcase so I can pack the bags I pick up from u.

downsyndrome

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 11:05 pm
How about when you detour through Williamsburg, you just drop your CH plans and stay in Willy for Shabbos at the home of the writer of this post?

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 11:11 pm
DownySyndrome, this is the funniest thing that has happened, I saw that you replied last to the social scene, and before I even entered, I knew that these were going to be your exact words. I had a feeling you were gonna say that...
I can come say hello to you, and mabye in 3 weeks I come to you, or will you be away already?
in any case, I can drop in to say hi.

downsyndrome

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 11:22 pm
You should really change your screenname to 8-senses or maybe 9-senses, or even tensenses....
Yes, please do give me a call tomorrow; we might go to BP to visit my in-laws, so it's best to check with me to make sure I'm home.
What's happening in CH this Shabbos that brings you there?
I hope your host's chicken soup will be as good as mine LOL LOL LOL

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 11:25 pm
Dont worry downs, I have your number in my cell, well, I already know it w/out having to look so I'll def. give u a call, around 4ish.
I hope we dont miss each other again.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 7:53 am
7, it'd better be a big suitcase with wheels, they're 7 shopping bags but not the kind you get at the grocery store.

they're all the kind with handles! they're heavy! and stuffed FULL!

queen

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 8:23 am
SevenSenses wrote:
I;m also bringing along anotehr suitcase so I can pack the bags I pick up from u.

Very Happy Very Happy

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 8:42 am
That's exactly what I told you I'm bringing...

downsyndrome

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 9:54 am
What's going on in CH this Shabbos?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics