Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Tours and trips Chol Hamoed Sukkot in Israel
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Thu, Sep 24 2009, 7:19 am
We are coming to Israel for Sukkot and staying in Yerushalayim. We are looking to take some tours Chol Hamoed. I looked into private tours but they are quite expensive since we are a small family. Does anybody know of any group tours besides Artzeinu & Hoffman? Also, is there any tour that takes you to Eretz Bereshis? My six year old wants to go there.
I am also looking for recommendations of museums and places to take the kids. We went to the Biblical Zoo and Ein Yael in the past.
Is there any special activities happening Chol Hamoed in Israel this year?
Thank you in advance.

e1234

Post Thu, Sep 24 2009, 9:03 am
I'm not sure if you interested in going to chevron or kever rochel but there are usually signs in geulah of busses going to these places and it's a lot cheaper then the tour groups. (but you don't get the tour guide)

shabri

Post Thu, Sep 24 2009, 9:15 am
I know that Aish Hatorah is doing a tour of the roof of their building plus the new model of the second beis hamikdash. I'll post the website when I find it

tomorrow

Post Sat, Sep 26 2009, 2:28 pm
Ir David is fantastic. My kids love it, and they have English-language tours, as well as an English website. Look up City of David and you should find it.

The Old City has lots going on Chol HaMoed. Machon HaMikdash always has kids' activities, though they're in Hebrew. The museum, itself, is well-manageable in English.

I think Eretz Bereishit has a website. They book way, way in advance. If you phone them up and ask if you can hook up with an already-booked tour in English, they may be able to oblige.

I don't know what you had in mind, but Givat Ha'Ai, right next to Psagot, which is about 15 minutes by bus outside of Jerusalem, about 45 minutes by bus from the Central Bus Station, has a big festival going on the first day of Chol HaMoed, 10 shekels per person. There's making your own olive oil, wine, arts-and-crafts, and lots of other great looking things. OOPS, you're a chutznik. Sorry 'bout that, still chag for you, I guess. I'm not deleting it, as maybe some of the natives might like to go.

shabri

Post Sat, Sep 26 2009, 11:09 pm
also check out www.funinjerusalem.com--she lists tons of kids activities

tomorrow

Post Sun, Sep 27 2009, 2:56 am
There's also the Kite Festival (Afifoniadah) in Pnei Kedem, at one of the far reaches of Gush Etzion. They also have a website and that was a fantastic time.

Hevron usually has a day or two when Ulam Yitzchak is open, there are busses (get there early or you'll get pushed in the crowd) from near the bus station of Jerusalem and there are tours around Hevron, music, huge sukkot to eat in... also a nice time, but a crowd scene.

Sussya, south of Hevron, often has a living museum, but it'd be in Hebrew. They have done a lot of archaeological work there and the results are stupendous. Sussya also has a website, but it might be written Sussia. All these places have kosher sukkot to eat in.

jlb226

Post Mon, Sep 28 2009, 11:21 am
shabri wrote:
I know that Aish Hatorah is doing a tour of the roof of their building plus the new model of the second beis hamikdash. I'll post the website when I find it

The website is http://www.aishjerusalemexperience.com

Tova

Post Mon, Sep 28 2009, 5:36 pm
I have heard wonderful things about Neot Kedumim (near Modiin) ESPECIALLY their Succos exhibit where supposedly they have Succahs displayed in the various settings talked about in the Mishnah (ie - in a tree, on a boat, etc.). Maybe one of the Israeli posters can chime in to confirm.

amother

Post Sat, Sep 04 2010, 10:09 pm
Bump
Any ideas for Sukkos 2010?

bubby

Post Sat, Sep 04 2010, 10:14 pm
DO NOT take Hoffman! They are horrendous. Other than that, have fun!

dilego

Post Sat, Sep 04 2010, 11:29 pm
are the museums in yerushalyim free on chol hamoed?my taxi driver said something like that,if yes then the science museum might be interesting

Marion

Post Sat, Sep 04 2010, 11:30 pm
Some yes, some no. Bank Hapoalim often sponsors venues on chol hamoed making admission free, but not everything and not always.

fish123

Post Sun, Sep 12 2010, 12:46 am
Does anyone know what day the kite festival in Pnei Kedemis this year?

amother

Post Sun, Sep 12 2010, 7:45 pm
Any festivals this year?

amother

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 7:52 am
bump

Liba

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 7:56 am
bubby wrote:
DO NOT take Hoffman! They are horrendous. Other than that, have fun!

What happened?

Our one Hoffman tour was great. Nice tour guide, nice bus, nice places...

Hashemlovesme

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 8:21 am
I'm not sure of the details, but there is a whole miniature display @ the yashan (down sarai yisrael st) on chol hamoed. I've been to it twice in succos. It's a very chol hamoedik activity & very interesting for both kids & adults.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 9:03 am
Where exactly is the Yashan? I am from New York.

tsiggelle

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 10:19 am
amother wrote:
Where exactly is the Yashan? I am from New York.

I think she means the hs/seminary bais yaakov hayashan, though I dont know the exact adress, but it should be advertised there in yerushalayim. either an imamother will be able to post the details when they come out, or check the circulars when you get there or ask a neighbor/fam/friend there

amother

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 7:04 am
Any ideas for this year?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions