Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Too skinny, ideas how to gain wait.
Previous  1  2

Yael

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 8:55 pm
eat lots of peanut butter. Smile
when you eat meals, sit down and give yourself at least 20 minutes to eat relaxed. if need be read something to distract you from eating just to be sure you finish your entire plate. and pile your plate high.
buy only fullfat dairy products, most products these days have the fat taken out regularly. so it would be hard to find fullfat yogurt for example.
have tasty fullfat snacks available nearby wherever you are so you can munch all day.

and I definitly recommend adding a protien shake to your diet, one with lots of calories.

Imhappy!

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 1:21 pm
what about ice cream... now in the heat it should be easy way off adding calories....

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 1:52 pm
Whatever you do, make sure that you eat a well-balanced diet. Even though you're skinny, you shouldn't overindulge, because that's still unhealthy.

Blossom

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 2:13 pm
Quote:
Even though you're skinny, you shouldn't overindulge, because that's still unhealthy.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Someone in my family thought that he'll gain weight by starting to eat junk food. He was about to stock up on supersnacks, chocolates, cakes, and candies but thankfully was convinced that he's much healthier being skinny than gaining some weight on that.

newmom

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 3:07 pm
Can the mods change the title of the thread to read "weight"?

tziviakayla

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 3:34 pm
I weighed 95 pounds when I became pregnant with my 1st child. The dr told me to eat peanut butter to gain weight

Nomad

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 8:20 pm
definitely get checked by the doctor to make sure evrything is ok...

If its just the gaining weight...
if you eat chalav sdam - (o u d) there are shakes (8oz) that are high in calories and nutrients. They often give them to the elderly who need to maintain or gain weight yet have little appetite

Ensure makes them. Theyre called Ensure Plus
But I actually buy them from CVS (its cheaper) where they call them Liquid Nutrition Plus.

Its good reaaallly cold

MommyLuv

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 8:28 pm
I've heard that goat's milk is excellent for weight gain. it's also extremely healthy...but hard to get a hold of, unless you're not cholov yisrael eaters.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 9:10 pm
I weighed 108 and no one told me to gain, they hollered when I gained more than 20 lbs!

your metabolism will slow down naturally. certainly don't stuff yourself.

have you have your thyroid levels checked?

lucky

Post Mon, Jun 26 2006, 9:44 am
amother wrote:
I have the same problem with my DH. He is way too skinny and looks even worse for a man. He really is embarrassed with how skinny he is. Not that he should be, but I understand him. If anyone can offer tips of how to gain weight I too would appreciate it. Unfortunately I'm not very helpful because I only know of weight loss tips LOL

Are you my SIL??? LOL
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise