Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Using internet on Desktop or Laptop?

nice and easy

Post Mon, Sep 27 2010, 10:38 pm
from your experience have you seen any difference on a desktop vs. Laptop when using the internet? I am considering buying a laptop but I want that it should download stuff, browse on websites as fast (or faster) as a desktop. so does it depend on what type of internet connection I have or is it the processor that matters? also what kosher filter does not slow down the computer while surfing the web?

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Mon, Sep 27 2010, 10:41 pm
I use both on a regular basis (desktop at work, laptop at home) and they both have high speed connections and I think my laptop may work faster.

nice and easy

Post Tue, Sep 28 2010, 12:36 am
what type of connection do you have on your internet? Btw shopping online is there any difference with a laptop or desktop. I know probably not but I am just asking

Kayza

Post Wed, Sep 29 2010, 4:48 pm
nice and easy wrote:
what type of connection do you have on your internet? Btw shopping online is there any difference with a laptop or desktop. I know probably not but I am just asking

Why not shop on line?

In any case, the most important things for speed are: Your internet connection, your connection to the router, the processor. In that order.

The main advantage of a desktop computer is the screen - 17" on a laptop tend to be quite expensive. If you are not going to be looking at pictures or videos, and not using it that heavily, that probably won't be an issue for you, though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics