Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Childrens Dr.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 28 2006, 9:56 pm
I recently had an incident where my new pediatrician ( I just moved to a new area) wanted to hospitalize my newborn for an infection but I was very concerned and went back to my old pediatrician (45 min. drive) for a second opinion before checking into the hospital and he said there is no indication of infection.

1) would you switch pediatricians office even if this office came highly recommended?

2) HOw would you deal with this with the new pediatrician? just go back and make believe nothing ever happened? ( he knows I went to the other for a second opinion and didnt end up in hospital)

anonymous cuz I dont want to identify the dr.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 28 2006, 10:38 pm
in such a situation it is good to get a third opinion

goldrose

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 9:31 am
I'd feel very uncomfortable using a ped. who said my child had an infection that was nonexistent. Medicating is not a joke, and medicating without an infection is even worse.

downsyndrome

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 9:40 am
From over 20 years of parenting B'H I have found that every single doctor, no matter how highly recommended, will sometimes goof. This applies not only to pediatricians, but also to doctors of all other specialties and non-specialties. It is a difficult decision. Give your new doctor one more try. If you are ever suspicious of a diagnosis again and after going for a second/third opinion you find that the doctor has fouled up again, then it is time to leave. I find that there is something very heavenly, very bashert in finding the right doctor for YOU. The very same practitioner can have excellent results with one family and very poor ones with another.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics