Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Help me chose a Chip and Dip for Rosh Chodesh gatherings!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jun 28 2006, 3:14 pm
I make the veggie platters for our shul's lady's R.H. gatherings.

I have an old Tupperware chip and dip which is really too big, too hard to transport, and too plain. I want something new.

I only had about $5 to spend (from raiding the pushkas) so I added something to it, and got two things at Daffy's today:

The first thing is a sort of open basket with flowers and butterflies on it and it's very colorful. It's got 3 spaces - for 2 kinds of veggies and a dip. It's fine, but I wonder if it's too kitschy and that we'll get tired of it, and even though it was super cheap, I wonder if I should have gotten someting more classic....I don't have to worry about it breaking or keeping it clean, though.

The 2nd set is a heavy ceramic type brownish tray and a matching long cup thing which I can arrange on top. It's heavy but sufficient - I just wonder if it'll break, with the back and forth...

So - what do you all think? Should I keep and use them both?

Should I return them all and look for heavy glass or crystal (both of which have to be kept clean which is a thought - if it's not perfectly clean, it's not nice to put out for the ladies. Of course then I have the breakign problm......)

Thanks!!!!!!!!

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 11:35 am
No opinions?

Today, at Century, I got a heavy cut glass dish with four outside sections and one circular inner section that I can put the dip in.

I think it'lll be easy to clean and easy to carry, and it was only $12; I'm taking the Daffy stuff back.

Unless you all think differently.............

hisorerus

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 12:05 pm
I happen to like the idea of the colorful basket one. If you get sick of it after a few months... well, maybe get this cut glass one as well and alternate.

happy2beme

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 12:08 pm
Quote:
I only had about $5 to spend (from raiding the pushkas)

what does this mean? u took tzedaka to buy a bowl for R"CH gatherings?[/quote]

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 12:33 pm
we had several anonymous pushkas around the house, one with tons of pennies in them that DH thought he just stuck in there when he was "poideh" the other pushkas over the years.

so, whereas it wasn't "my" money, I think I could use it for the shul, being that it wasn't promised to a specific tzedekah.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note