Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Can I bake breaded chicken cutlets in a covered pan?

greeneyes

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 2:36 pm
Or will it come out to soggy? The cutlets were dipped in flour, egg, & then corn flake crumbs.

I'd prefer to bake it rather than frying, but if I bake it I need to cover the pan with a double layer of foil.

cuties' mom

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 3:23 pm
I used to do it all the time. I never fried them and always covered so I wouldn't know how others are supposed to come out.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 4:25 pm
I've heard of people doing this, and just baking for longer (higher temp maybe?).
I never tried it myself.
Let us know how they come out!

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 4:30 pm
It's not going to be crispy unless it's uncovered. Baking it longer will make it crispy eventually. . . but it will also be dried out.

IMO, baked shnitzel isn't going to have the same crispiness as pan fried unless you dip the cutlets in something oily before the bread crumbs, such as salad dressing, mayo, etc., or put a lot of oil in the pan.

yaelinIN

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 4:35 pm
use a high temp and spritz the cutlets with spray oil after you bread them and it should work.

I do pizza this way (under foil) and it works...

the world's best mom

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 6:07 pm
I always bake them covered and they come out delicious. I do put a little oil in the pan, and I bake them for 45-60 minutes on 350.

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 8:18 pm
I bake them covered, then uncover it for the last few minutes until it's crispy.

okeydocke

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 8:54 pm
I do cutlet in oven, it comes out just like frying....I dip it first in may. mixed with water, and then in corn flake crumbs, I bake it uncovered on 375. for about 35-40 min. I spray the pan with oil spray, covered with baking paper so it does not stick, you can also turn the chicken after halfway done. good luck

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 9:40 pm
I don't know how you guys bake them so long. I find that after 20 minutes at 350 they're done. Any longer and they get dry.

yummymummy

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 9:50 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
I don't know how you guys bake them so long. I find that after 20 minutes at 350 they're done. Any longer and they get dry.

same here. the trouble I have is with keeping the cutlets crispy and moist when reheating them...

greeneyes

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 10:06 pm
I ended up frying them (in a relatively small amount of oil). I'm used to baking breaded cutlets uncovered (at least part of the time) so I was afraid they would be too soggy & I was especially in the mood of them being crispy tonight.

I appreciate everybody's input!

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 10:20 pm
I don't dredge it in eggs. I dredge it in mayo, then corn flake crumbs and bake it covered until the last few minutes. I usually use dark meat though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey