Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Mazal Tov!

cassandra

Post Tue, Oct 12 2010, 2:20 pm
Yael wrote:
Welcome to the Chareidi Outlook Forum. This is a safe haven where chareidi posters can discuss issues that only pertain to chareidim, and/or get responses only from chareidim.

Non-chareidim are welcome to read only, and are politely requested to refrain from posting. Any non-chareidi responses that are not conducive to the discussion will be deleted promptly.

Chareidi is defined as ultra-frum, chassidish, litvish, yeshivish, or Lubavitch. A chareidi woman would never uncover her hair even at home, only dresses tzniusly at all times, does not socialize casually with men, would never pass anything to her husband during nidda, etc.

Anyone who is any of the above but who has a modern outlook (compared to her peers in her circles) should carefully censor what she writes so that her posts only contain advice with a chareidi outlook.

Congratulations on the new safe haven. Just wondering: is it really a hallmark of chareidism that a woman will not cover her hair even at home? Does this mean around people or even by herself?

Raisin

Post Tue, Oct 12 2010, 2:24 pm
yes, it is pretty normal that a chareidi woman will cover her hair at all times, for sure when other people are around.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Oct 12 2010, 2:27 pm
I agree it's normal. If that's always the case, certainly not. Though maybe it would make them too modern for the haven?

cassandra

Post Tue, Oct 12 2010, 2:28 pm
Raisin wrote:
yes, it is pretty normal that a chareidi woman will cover her hair at all times, for sure when other people are around.

Just curious if everyone who identifies as chareidi does this-- even if they don't have kids, even if they want to air out their hair on occasion when they are alone doing housework, and not because they identify with a particular derech that talks about the benefits of kimchis or the curses of the Zohar or whatever. Just that it is a general chareidi principle.

But I guess you learn something every day. I may otherwise have been chareidi.

Raisin

Post Tue, Oct 12 2010, 2:32 pm
if it means you will post again I think we will have to agree to accept you as an honorary chareidi. Wink

ClaRivka

Post Tue, Oct 12 2010, 2:43 pm
I *sometimes* uncover my hair in front of a mezuzuah! Dont tell my mil tho!!! I guess I'm not as frum as everyone seems to think.

red sea

Post Tue, Oct 12 2010, 4:29 pm
cassandra wrote:
Yael wrote:
Welcome to the Chareidi Outlook Forum. This is a safe haven where chareidi posters can discuss issues that only pertain to chareidim, and/or get responses only from chareidim.

Non-chareidim are welcome to read only, and are politely requested to refrain from posting. Any non-chareidi responses that are not conducive to the discussion will be deleted promptly.

Chareidi is defined as ultra-frum, chassidish, litvish, yeshivish, or Lubavitch. A chareidi woman would never uncover her hair even at home, only dresses tzniusly at all times, does not socialize casually with men, would never pass anything to her husband during nidda, etc.

Anyone who is any of the above but who has a modern outlook (compared to her peers in her circles) should carefully censor what she writes so that her posts only contain advice with a chareidi outlook.

Congratulations on the new safe haven. Just wondering: is it really a hallmark of chareidism that a woman will not cover her hair even at home? Does this mean around people or even by herself?

I checked the manual 8) . Accuracy would dictate many chareidi women would not but those who do (and those who do not)- do not advertise it in conversation because it is nobodys business and personal by chareidi standards not really a conversational topic. Not all chareidi take on the very taught chumra that the walls of her home never see her hair.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Oct 12 2010, 4:36 pm
"Walls" is one thing. A mezuzah is another. ClaRivka, you need to double cover your mezuzos, then.

ClaRivka

Post Tue, Oct 12 2010, 4:44 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
"Walls" is one thing. A mezuzah is another. ClaRivka, you need to double cover your mezuzos, then.

Every mezuzah should be double covered...the klaf wrapped in plastic and then with a cover on top.

mandksima

Post Tue, Oct 12 2010, 4:46 pm
chocolate moose wrote:

Isn't a mezuzah double covered already? The klaf is wrapped in wax paper or plastic wrap and then a case covers it.

good wifey

Post Thu, Oct 14 2010, 1:42 am
Red Sea, well said.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics