Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
I am MORTIFIED but B"H we never left...
Previous  1  2

slushiemom

Post Wed, Oct 13 2010, 11:32 pm
grace413 wrote:
Barbara wrote:
bubby wrote:
I wish I could keep the face on!!!

Keep it in a jar by the door. Who is it for? 8)

I'm sure I've done its as well. I say make your DH take you out to a fancy dinner.

Barbara, how many people do you think got this reference? At least I appreciated it.

Beatles! Now its stuck in my head... All the lonely people where do they all beloooongg. Sing with me!

Isramom8

Post Thu, Oct 14 2010, 12:59 am
All dressed up and nowhere to go...I would have wanted to go "somewhere" after getting all ready!

We once arranged to meet my father at a bar mitzvah hall, and found him happliy sampling all the buffet food from an adjacent hall. He totally did not pay attention to the crowd. Smile

Now I have more ideas to think about to be dan lechaf zechus when people don't show up to my simchas, or when strangers show up to my simchas and no one seems to have invited them...not unusual... I got an positive email reply about attending my dds wedding, and both sides had no idea who this woman was. And another woman mentioned on the street that she would be attending; she knew the date and location, and I know she was not invited! You just gotta play along, it's not worth hurting someone's feelings if it's a matter of an extra guest or two.

Bubby, join a simcha of ours any time.

bubby

Post Thu, Oct 14 2010, 4:02 am
Well, it's now The Day & I think it's going to rain & DS takes the car to go to school so DH & I have to walk & Thursday is not the best night to go out and my face was in the jar by the door but the dam jar broke & my face splattered all over my berber carpet....need I go on??

But at least DH said "Well, let's order in" (as I hadn't prepared any dinner) & we had a nice meal from that Fish, Fish & Cannoli place (never ate their food before.) Actually, DH was so sweet. He said it was the kind of thing he'd do, not me, & he thought I got the date wrong, but as I'm always right embarrassed he thought he was wrong yet again. LOL LOL LOL

I'm so glad he realizes I'm always right (except this one time...ONCE in 35 years!!!)

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Oct 14 2010, 8:15 am
We've done that ... several times.

Marigold

Post Thu, Oct 14 2010, 10:13 am
bubby wrote:
Well, it's now The Day & I think it's going to rain & DS takes the car to go to school so DH & I have to walk & Thursday is not the best night to go out and my face was in the jar by the door but the dam jar broke & my face splattered all over my berber carpet....need I go on??But at least DH said "Well, let's order in" (as I hadn't prepared any dinner) & we had a nice meal from that Fish, Fish & Cannoli place (never ate their food before.) Actually, DH was so sweet. He said it was the kind of thing he'd do, not me, & he thought I got the date wrong, but as I'm always right embarrassed he thought he was wrong yet again. LOL LOL LOL

I'm so glad he realizes I'm always right (except this one time...ONCE in 35 years!!!)

Was that HIS fault too? Smile

shosh

Post Thu, Oct 14 2010, 2:26 pm
Bubby, I had a wedding tonight and I was thinking of you. I was so paranoid that even when the babysitter turned up, I checked the invitation about ten times before leaving the house! (And yes, I got it right and it was a nice wedding!)

dora

Post Thu, Oct 14 2010, 3:05 pm
I went to a cousin's Bar Mitzvah a day early. There were people that I knew, so I walked around, ate a little but couldn't find any family members. I figured it out after a while and with all dignity (and a red face) I walked out.

bubby

Post Thu, Oct 14 2010, 4:40 pm
Just checking imamother while I wait for a car service to go! I'm all bedecked, bejeweled & begirdled again. I'm afraid if I eat too much I'll pop my skirt. Oh, well!

Chocoholic

Post Thu, Oct 14 2010, 4:43 pm
bubby wrote:
Just checking imamother while I wait for a car service to go! I'm all bedecked, bejeweled & begirdled again. I'm afraid if I eat too much I'll pop my skirt. Oh, well!

Only breath after all the pictures are taken.

mama-star

Post Thu, Oct 14 2010, 5:38 pm
great story!! I was just about to ask what an "undercarriage" is and then I see you wrote "begirdled." LOL - have FUN!!! LOL

bubby

Post Thu, Oct 14 2010, 8:26 pm
It was a lovely simcha. DH told his buddies. I told their wives (my buddies.) Everyone laughed. Gee, I have absolutely no idea why! Rolling Eyes

BTW, when DD #1 got married a woman whom I know slightly showed up, ate the chicken dinner & left (didn't leave a check.) She was supposed to be at the same hall the next night. It was really funny! Every time I see her I am reminded & I start to smile. She thinks I'm really friendly!

louche

Post Thu, Oct 14 2010, 8:51 pm
grace413 wrote:
Barbara wrote:
bubby wrote:
I wish I could keep the face on!!!

Keep it in a jar by the door. Who is it for? 8)

I'm sure I've done its as well. I say make your DH take you out to a fancy dinner.

Barbara, how many people do you think got this reference? At least I appreciated it.

Eleanor Rigby, dee-dee-dee-dum, dee-dee-dum, dee-dee-dum, dee-dee-dum...
ooh, look at
All the lonely people
Where do they all come from ?
All the lonely people
Where do they all belong ?

shanie5

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 1:07 pm
A day after our sheva brachos, we got dressed up & went to dh's friends wedding. turned out to be the right place, wrong day (we figured this out by the chassidish garb). so we went out to eat instead. dh got sick the next night, so we missed the wedding. ended up being the "new face" at their family sheva brachos.

bubby

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 4:51 pm
This is the funniest! My neighbor was at a different wedding, different hall, the same night as I went to the one I was supposed to go to the night before (with me?? good!)

The wife of the guy who called to tell us I'd got the wrong night was supposed to be at the wedding I was going to. SHE ended up at the other one, totally confused!! My neighbor told me Mary asked where Mrs. so-&-so (Chassan's mom) was, & my neighbor told her "Ummmmmmmm....aren't you supposed to be with Bubby? And didn't you guys call her yesterday to tell her she got the wrong night???"

So Mary got the RIGHT night, WRONG hall.

BTW, her DH was sitting with MY DH wondering where his wife was with the car!!!! Rolling Laughter

I found all this out the next day. I live in Chelm. Rolling Eyes
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics