Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Shabbos makeup

amother

Post Mon, Nov 08 2010, 4:12 pm
Where could I buy Shabbos makeup? and how does it work? Is it exactly like reguler makeup..?
I anyone has any experience with this , please lemme know...I wanna know if it pays to buy it!!
(BTW, looking into it after reading a mikvah thread...)

amother

Post Mon, Nov 08 2010, 4:48 pm
I bought it when I went to mikva friday night, and had a simcha shabbat day. I bought Reflections - Sylvia Hamowy 718-338-5884. She worked with Rabbi Blumenkrantz OBM on all of her formulations. I think they may also be available at some pharmacies, like Lane's in BP.

It served the purpose of having makeup on the next morning, even though I had gone to the mikva. But I don't feel made-up enough to justify using it any other shabbat. It's also expensive, especially since you need separate brushes for everything to avoid mixing any colors on shabbat. I thought I'd use it more on regular shabbat, but my leftover makeup looks better than the shabbat stuff. I have used it a few times since after friday night tevilla, and dh likes when I have makeup. But for a regular shabbat I don't use it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics