Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Coventry in Lakewood

amother

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 9:04 am
I recently got married and I have a family in Coventry. I am looking to either buy/rent there.

Does anyone know:

average sale price for a 2 bdrm condo - does it make a diff which street it's on. I'm looking for a condo pref on williamsburg (my sis lives there.)

If not - anyone know anything avail. for rent?

Is this an area that the price of the house would go up or not? What is the neighborhood type considered?

greenfire

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 9:17 am
there's a coventry in cleveland & there's even a lakewood in cleveland - no wait that's oh ... just sayin What

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 9:20 am
I'm going there tonight/tomorrow Wink
(I have 2 brothers in law who own there -- also on Williamsburg, and my father in law actually owns and rents out a townhouse there as well.)
I'll see if they know of anything.

What they told me, and this is all hearsay, is that there are different parts. Further down from them, you'll see more upscale living (ala Bugaboos) but where they are, they're happy being their simple selves.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 9:25 am
Thanks HY!

Would you be able to find out how much a 2 bdrm condo would be to rent or buy?

I cant bother sis - she just had a baby!

anonymrs

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 9:27 am
Check out diradirect.com.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 9:28 am
I have relatives who live in coventry.

When I got married, you could get a unit in Coventry for under 100K. However now they are closer to the 200K range, depending on the block, the condition of the unit, upgrades, etc...It's pretty much been this way for the past couple of years, give or take 10K.

From what I know, I don't think the price there will go up very much in terms of house value. The reason is, they are small units, so there's only so much that people will pay for a starter home before putting more money for a bigger home.

However, it's a nice place to live, nice crowd (varies of course) and well-kept in terms of the grounds.

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 9:50 am
My friend just bought a 2 bedroom and a den ranch. She paid around 218,000 which I think she overpaid. They are more closer to 2, not over.

The park there is awesome, I bring dd there when I go visit her. Its a very nice crowd. Different blocks have different types pretty much

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 9:58 am
amother wrote:
Thanks HY!

(If I didn't know better, I'd think we were sort of related. We're going for a bris!)

amother

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 10:00 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
amother wrote:
Thanks HY!

(If I didn't know better, I'd think we were sort of related. We're going for a bris!)

LOL LOL LOL
she had a girl!

LiLIsraeli

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 10:01 am
See if you can get a copy of the Masa Umatan. They come out every Wednesday and have a huge list of all the apartments available for rent in Lakewood.

lkwdwife2009

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 11:01 am
Rent, I believe is about 1050-1175 plus maintenance of $80/90 for the condo. Prices range from $180-230k depending on size, block you are moving onto, and condition; I.e. some were rentals and are in need of new kitchen, paint, bathrooms, flooring etc. Others are in mint condition and recently renovated by past owners with mouldings and granite counters so will go for more.

If you want to rent, Masa U'matan is a good publication to start looking.

If you want to buy, contact a realtor. Joel Gruen was very involved in sales in Coventry at one point; not sure if that is still the case.

2busy

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 4:38 pm
I live next door and babysit if any1 ever needs near coventry - contact me - drop ins welcome

amother

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 5:57 pm
I own and live in Coventry. Most of the houses here are 2 bedrooms and a den. There are some 2 bedroom ones and some 3 and a den ones. I paid for my house 6 years ago-abt 201-but I did have to put in a lot of work. The value of the house did not go up much-but we felt it was worth buying vs. paying rent for years and years. We love living here. Each block is a little different, and even within each block there are strips of houses-and the people on your strip are generally the ones you hang out with. Blocks that are basically frum are: Stratford, Downing, Colony, Princeton and Tudor. Williamsburg and Govereners are still turning over and may be cheaper because there are still many "unwanted" neighbors! Shul is beautiful and Fri night Mikvah is accomodating. We also have a brand new pool with seperate hours and a mechitza, and a new playground!

amother

Post Sun, Nov 14 2010, 3:49 am
I'm so happy to see this thread!

We own in Coventry and are thinking of selling now - we need the cash.

Is it hard to sell, is there a demand for it? It's a 2 bdrm, and needs work. Has some non Jewish neighbors as well.

What is the demand and what would ppl be willing to PAY for a house like that. Not the going price, how much could we realistically get?

amother

Post Tue, Nov 16 2010, 4:32 am
could anyone help me with this?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating