Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Wouldn't you like to do it all over again?

Tefila

Post Mon, Jul 10 2006, 9:55 pm
Yup I would e.g. Remarry my husband Tongue Out now that I know his likes and dislikes and he knows mine.

I would know what food there should be at the wedding what there should not.

What level of music he likes and what he does not.

What hair do on me looks better as opposed to what I did have. Confused

ANd which photographer to get and which to not. Exploding anger

What color wine for under the chupah and which one not. etc etc
I would even if I was allowed add some things into the kesubah now that I know him and he knows me.

Only prob left now would be uh the kids Scratching Head

hisorerus

Post Mon, Jul 10 2006, 10:00 pm
Yes, I would love to have another Chasuna! It would be so much more meaningful now. Except now I'm not sure about the week before part...

Maybe when Moshiach comes?

faigie

Post Mon, Jul 10 2006, 10:03 pm
id have eloped.
my gown make me look like a martha washington marshmellow.

ny21

Post Mon, Jul 10 2006, 10:06 pm
I would love to have my wedding again!

minus these things !
on my husband side of the family his cousin was turning 40

she had ---or brought a 40th birthday cake to the party!

they --s ang happy birthday Mona!!I have this in all my pictures !

and video tape!I think this is not nice !

another member of his family
Had the photographer take a million pictures of his kids !

Crying
!

faigie

Post Mon, Jul 10 2006, 10:19 pm
id like to do it all over again. MY way........
maybe a party for all my closest budds at abigails. just good time to hang out and enjoy.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jul 10 2006, 10:29 pm
It would be nice to do it again!! I just hope dh's good cuisine hasn't made me put on so much weight that I couldn't get into the dress though LOL

Flowerchild

Post Mon, Jul 10 2006, 10:55 pm
I wouldnt, my wedding was perfect there is nothing about it that I would change, I love my husband dearly and I am happy where I am, I am looking forward to all the wonderful beautiful things that life will offer us, and grow old with him.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jul 11 2006, 3:34 am
I would do our wedding again, but in Israel!!!!!!!! SmileSmile

shalhevet

Post Tue, Jul 11 2006, 3:40 am
What do I need another wedding for?

Now, looking back, I can see all those details didn't matter at all ...

What's important is that I'm married to my dh now. Being a newlywed is a very special time, but I'm very glad to be here, now, as well.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jul 11 2006, 3:53 am
mummyof6 wrote:
What do I need another wedding for?

Now, looking back, I can see all those details didn't matter at all ...

What's important is that I'm married to my dh now. Being a newlywed is a very special time, but I'm very glad to be here, now, as well.

its so nice to hear those things.
I agree with you. its nice being a newlywed, but I would love to also, please G-d, be in a place of being married a while and being more settled in that life:)

ButterflyGarden

Post Tue, Jul 11 2006, 4:07 am
Not much about our wedding was the way I wanted it to be. That's part of being the first to get married on both sides. However, it was one night in our lives. Now I have a great husband, a lovely daughter and another baby on the way. I love my life. I would not mind however, someone restocking my house with new appliances and other wedding gifts. Wink

willow

Post Tue, Jul 11 2006, 5:36 am
My mother says every women should have 2 showers one when they get married and then one midlife to have everything look beautiful again. Wink

binah918

Post Tue, Jul 11 2006, 5:58 am
I would not want to get married "again" to make any gashmiusdik changes. Actually, my MIL planned the entire thing, from colors to menu to place settings to my bouqet...

I was thrilled that she was so into and I didn't have to worry about once thing, (except my dress and sheitel)!

And it's so true, the details really don't/didn't matter! What matters is the ruchniusdik qualities and your state of mind.

The only reason I would want to do it all over again is because now I can really say I love my DH with all my heart and soul. When we got married I guess it was infatuation, (obviously with the trust that we were a good, practical match and that it was beshert that we should be together). But only after one year of marriage, can I really say I love me husband. Only now, after getting through a wonderful, but sometimes trying, shana rishona, can I appreciate him and care for him that much more. (And I'm sure this love and appreciation will only grow stronger with time...!)

I think it would be very special to "re-marry" with these more mature feelings for him, versus "infatuation."

happy2beme

Post Tue, Jul 11 2006, 8:40 am
I wouldn't change anything from my wedding- I think it was absolutely perfect! although, I would love to "reaffirm my vows" Wink ok, say it's a non jewish thing, but it seems so nice! I just have to decide if I want other ppl or should it be just privately

elkayed

Post Tue, Jul 11 2006, 12:34 pm
I always say the best night was my wedding...everything was perfect..I was in 7th heaven all night..I don't want to start my marriage over..I am so happy where we are now...and the first year was trying with me getting pregnant and so sick right away...I don't even think I would do anything different if we started over now!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics