Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Bedtime routines

BasHashem

Post Mon, Jan 31 2005, 12:03 am
Hi,

I was wondering what other people do as bedtime routines?

I have two age groups, so the older kids basically take care of themselves (but I did do the routine with them for years)

For the younger ones who sleep together in the room I try to put them to sleep at the same time.

After bath (if its bath night), brush teeth and preparing negal vaser, I put on some music for them and they dance around,(15 month old 4 yr old and 9 yrold) I am in their room preparing clothes for the next day or straighten up close by. the music lasts for about 20 mins.......then lights of\and I lay with my 4 yrold and say posukim and sing some songs,,,,,,,,,the baby runs around the room, till he is ready to nurse.

then off to sleep of corse with a million and one hugs and kisses

I have always sang to my kids,

I try and read to them twice a week at bed time

I read to them every shabbos no matter what.

today my 4yrold read a dr, suess book to my husband word for word,,,,,,,,,,boy was I proud of her and myslef. (the foot book)

ok I am off to bed,,,,,,,,

plz share your bed time routines

Lilah tov

Bashashem

Tefila

Post Mon, Jan 31 2005, 12:19 am
Well don't know where to start. When all my kids were little I used to have them in bed no later then 7:30pm.

But now the prob is the little ones see the big ones now teenagers going to bed late so little ones want too. And I'm too tired to argue, so I let them stay up as long as they behave and listen etc.
About 9:30pm they start to head to bed, bath twins, brush teeth which is a whole paraphenelia trust me. Shema, torah pesukim and story hugs and kisses from Tatty and usually I will lay down with little ones and we fall asleep together. I usually wake up 1hr later.

Join husband in lounge for quiet time and chatting. Phew truthfully I usually don't get to sleep till 12:30 and then b"h for my babys I am up 3x in the night. And up again at 7:30am approx
Does my crazy routine make you feel better Wink

BasHashem

Post Mon, Jan 31 2005, 10:13 am
Your routine makes me want to go to sleep. I am also up 3 time during the night. My new born as we call our 15 month old LOL nurses every 2 hours (yes it is my fault, but I figure one day soon I will be sleeping through the night and missing my babies, so I enjoy it (ok sometimes I complain) while I can.

Bahashem

ForeverYoung

Post Mon, Jan 31 2005, 10:24 am
there is a thread about it somwhere here.
I remember writing something like this.

But we go - supper, pajamas, flossing, brushing, shma bed.

If kids listen & do everything quick, we read books &/or play a game b4 washing up

sure, the baby has her own rutine, but B'H she sleeps from midnight & on most of the nights. But she was teething, so how much she will sleep now I do not know.

PS Freilich, after chuat w your husbad untill 12:30 you're here, right?

Tefila

Post Mon, Jan 31 2005, 11:14 am
Quote:
PS Freilich, after chuat w your husbad untill 12:30 you're here, right?

Right Very Happy

micki

Post Mon, Jan 31 2005, 11:57 am
mine are in by 7- theyve started to complain that they want time to play after they have pj's on so we started them in pj's at 6 Wink
they don't realize and they think they have so long to play!
usually I do the girls, hubby the boys with pj's brushing negel vasser, story shema and bed with a tape of niggunim for the boys and chassidishe songs for the girls.
we switch for shema though so we each were with both.
B"H for bedtime!

hadasa

Post Mon, Jan 31 2005, 2:25 pm
Once they're in bed we say Shma and the twelve Psukim, I tell them the next installment of a long story, then I ask each one in turn (starting from the youngest) which song he wants me to sing tonight, and usually by the time I get to the oldest one's turn, the youngest are already asleep. If the oldest haven't fallen asleep, I tell them to be quiet for twenty minutes, after which I will let them read in the hall. 99.9% of the time, they fall asleep before the time is up.

This is at the moment, since all my kids, except for the baby, are all in one room. We're planning on moving IY"H before Pesach, so then I'll have to figure out how to deal with two groups.

raizy

Post Sat, Feb 05 2005, 11:31 pm
how do you manage to get them in pj and sing to them and play with them and shama brushing and negel vasser./ hum cant u just do the negel vasser and when u give them a bath hand them each a tooth brush . I play with them from 3 till my hubby get home and it is supper time. who has time to play after supper. I work my hubby works and I have to clean the house toys for tom playgroup I cant have a huge mess where all the ladies will see it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics