Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Our mind...

amother

Post Tue, Nov 30 2010, 6:17 pm
so we leave our brains and minds on earth when we die? we just bring our neshama?

amother

Post Tue, Nov 30 2010, 6:18 pm
so does our neshama incorporate a part of our mind? how does our mind and neshama seperate .?

grin

Post Wed, Dec 01 2010, 11:09 am
to my (meager, at best) understanding, our thoughts, knowledge, and feelings are all part of our neshama.

acccdac

Post Wed, Dec 01 2010, 11:55 am
grin wrote:
to my (meager, at best) understanding, our thoughts, knowledge, and feelings are all part of our neshama.

I would have to agree.

I ponder about the following idea a lot, and sorry that it's so morbid, I ponder morbid things, but when a person dies we are not suppose to leave the body alone because the person can still hear, feel, etc. I am assuming that is their neshama since their physical self is no longer alive.

onlyme

Post Wed, Dec 01 2010, 12:14 pm
acccdac wrote:
grin wrote:

I would have to agree.

I ponder about the following idea a lot, and sorry that it's so morbid, I ponder morbid things, but when a person dies we are not suppose to leave the body alone because the person can still hear, feel, etc. I am assuming that is their neshama since their physical self is no longer alive.

I heard this from Rabbi Amnon Yitzchak (he was bringing out something else but it can still illustrate this point):
We see with our eyes, right? But once the neshama leaves the body, the eyes no longer see. So it must be that it was the neshama that saw, heard, etc. since without a neshama none of these body parts can do their function.
I'm assuming that a persons thoughts and emotions go together with the neshama since in essence, they all originated from his neshama.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 01 2010, 12:34 pm
from Kabbalaonline.org:
There are 5 parts to the neshama; Nefesh, Ruach, Neshama are enclothed in the body, Chaya hovers above it, and Yechida is connected to its soul root in the heavens.
Quote:
Nefesh, the lowest level of consciousness, is awareness of the physical body and the physical world.
This would include our 5 senses.
Quote:
Nefesh -- the life-force-- that was blown into the body.
It is this part of the person which dies and goes to the grave with the body.

Quote:
The primary manifestation of Ruach is in the emotions

Quote:
The primary activity of the Neshama is in the conceptual grasp of the intellect

you can read more here: http://www.kabbalaonline.org/k.....s.htm

amother

Post Wed, Dec 01 2010, 4:30 pm
grin wrote:

so basically all my actions, thoughts, feelings, are a part of my neshama? lets say someone is brighter then another , does that make them a better neshama? you would think not, no?

grin

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 12:02 pm
amother wrote:
grin wrote:

so basically all my actions, thoughts, feelings, are a part of my neshama? lets say someone is brighter then another , does that make them a better neshama? you would think not, no?
neshamos are each granted different abilities in different amounts - none are better or worse, just different and each suited for the challenges the neshamo will meet in its life in this world. Smart isn't any better than stupid and each has their own specific nisayom in life.

Also, your abilities are G-d given but not what you do with them - brighter means knows more, thinks more, develops ideas more, not just a higher IQ that's not in use - and that's all yours.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics