Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Bitachon - from the "Ready Made Family" thread

hisorerus

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 12:47 pm
I know Crayon was joking when she posted "do you think they'd get a heter for birth control" on that thread.

But it got me thinking...

Do we think that she should have been on BC from her triplets? In other words, do we think that Hashem made a mistake by giving her sextuplets, and that she should have done her hishtadlus and taken BC to prevent such a stressful scenario and be a better mother for her existing kids (who didn't even want so many)?

Do I trust Hashem that He'll make the right decision?

Sometimes what's best for a kid is 2 years of basically uninterrupted Mommy time, and for others, the best is to have another sibling close in age. (I know someone who was going to attempt suicide, and was only saved because of a sister 1.5 years apart.)

Here I am thinking that this lady is in a real mess because she'll NEVER be able to "Mommy" her kids right... but if Hashem gave them to her, shouldn't I trust that it is the best thing for her and her other children?

amother

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 12:50 pm
here we go again. Sorry but could you make a separate thread for all bc rants Rolling Eyes I am a little weary of this.

suomynona

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 12:54 pm
I don't see why this is different than doing any other hishtadlus. Perhaps we shouldn't get jobs and if we have no money, well isn't that the best thing for me if Hashem did it?

Quote:
(I know someone who was going to attempt suicide, and was only saved because of a sister 1.5 years apart.)

And you think that had they been 2.5 years apart, she could not have been saved ?
Not to mention that people can go on BC for 6 months and still have children 1.5 years apart.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 12:58 pm
I do not think it's for us to say!

besimcha

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 2:19 pm
Hisorerus, why do you think she won't be able to be a mommy to her children?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics