Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Is it an "old-person thing"....

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 12:14 pm
Is it an "old-person thing" to go to a shiur or meeting and promptly fall asleep, no matter what the time of day?

besimcha

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 12:19 pm
I don't think so. I know plenty of people in their twenties who this happens to.

preggymama

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 1:16 pm
uh no... I did that straight thru high school... I dont think it's an age thing, more of a sleep deprivation thing

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 1:24 pm
I've been falling asleep at speeches ever since I can remember.

Tefila

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 1:35 pm
Yes it is an old peoples thing. Asfar as youngsters doing it wellll perhaps they have been lulled to sleep by the monotonous tone of the speaker.

cindy324

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 1:39 pm
I will never understand how anyone can just fall asleep anywhere anytime.

I could be as sleep deprived as can be , but if I don't have a bed with MY pillow, it's not happening.

Worse even , I was once at a levaya(sp) . while the speeches went on, this older woman behind me fell asleep and was snoring really loud! I was embarrased for her.

Tefila

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 1:47 pm
Quote:
I could be as sleep deprived as can be , but if I don't have a bed with MY pillow, it's not happening.

ditto

rainbow baby

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 1:53 pm
My dh falls asleep anywhere he can be standing up and he falls asleep. His father falls asleep anywhere and his grandfather did the same. My SIL dh sister has also started falling asleep sitting up she is 26. On the other hand I find it hard to fall asleep even in bed and it is realy annoying when DH goes to bed at the same time and within 2 seconds he is asleep and he leaves me there tossing and turning. My kids at present go to bed at 6:30 but get up at 7 and when thye are awake they are awaking jumping around, so maybe they have also inherited a small amount of that sleeping gene.

preggymama

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 2:08 pm
I can fall asleep anywhere, standing, sitting whatever. I have even fallen asleep in the shower... I know that I can't drive when I am tired because I can easily fall asleep at the wheel.

timeout

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 4:48 pm
Whenever my DH drives anywhere over an hour I'm sleeping, he's still having a conversation with me and I'm out like a light Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics