Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Need an idea for Bar Mitzva Handout

queen

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 8:53 pm
Bar Mitzva will be the beginning of Ellul. any idea of something creative to be given out for adults and classmates at the meal? (thanks)

Crayon210

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 8:56 pm
Some kind of sefer-oriented thing?

queen

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 9:01 pm
They are giving out a sefer on the various mitzvos pertaining to Tishrei. I'm looking for a more creative addition to that, which can be given out.

It's not a necessity, but we're just trying to rack our brains, and therefore I'm throwing out the question.

queen

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 12:22 am
What I thought of making was little tefillin boxes wih chocolate inside, but can't find a distributor of the plastic acrylic boxes.

(wanted two small square plastic black acrylic boxes. one larger than the other, that I could glue gun them ontop of each other, fill each box with candy, write bar mitzva boy's name on box and then attach/glue two black thin ribbons on bottom for straps.)

if anyone can recomment a store that would sell these black boxes, that would solve our problem!!!!

shoy18

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 8:25 am
for my brothers bar mitzvah my parents put the place cards on plastic like a credit card and on the other side was tefillas haderech (he is turning IYH this week) I still have it in my wallet its soo convient

frummom

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 9:26 am
a friend gave out honey sticks.

queen

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 12:54 am
frummom wrote:
a friend gave out honey sticks.

great minds think alike..... (or fools never differ) Very Happy
Was thinking about this- tieing a matching color ribbon around two sticks and placing on plates.

Only thing is- for the boys classmates- isn't this a little strange for their places?

lucky

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 3:10 am
What is a honey stick? Rolling Eyes

Mishie

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 4:30 am
How about a Card with the "Yehi Ratzons" that are said for the Simanim (on Rosh Hashana)?

It's very useful!!!
You can put the boy's name and date etc.. on the front, and have them laminated.

queen

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 9:05 am
lucky wrote:
What is a honey stick? Rolling Eyes

sold in stores for about .20ยข each. They look like straws filled with flavored honey

frummom

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 9:13 am
I think my friend put them in a container of some sort (I'm remembering apples, but I'm not sure) and used it as a centerpiece. I like the simanim card idea. truth is, you could go all the way with simanim - honey sticks, gummy fish, apple candies...

Buddy

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 9:44 am
I saw a cute bentcher, it looks like a slice of citurs fruit, it's round and it has slit at the side so it fits on the glass! If you serve fruit as your entree, it looks realy cool. I can try to find out where u can make them if ur interested.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics